1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aracer Super X

Discussion in 'Tech' started by E-Van, Oct 20, 2022.

1. E-Van

E-Van Well-Known Member

Looking at going the standalone route for my R3 build and am curious what those who have used the Aracer stuff think. Specifically I am curious about the data logging functionality. How does it compare to something like the Aim offerings? Any pros/cons worth noting?

2. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

I plan on getting the mini for my son's R3 race bike. My only concern is having a tuner that knows how to tune it.

3. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

I have an RC Super 2 and AF1 (WBO sensor) on my Yami MT 07. The ecu and its software are ok but, if your experience is like mine, you will struggle to find someone who knows how to work with them. I live in southeastern North Carolina and was unable to find anyone within 500 miles who had experience with them. The challenge for the tuners I communicated with is that the aRacer fuel and spark maps are based primarily on intake air pressure rather than throttle position. There are also separate fuel and spark maps for wide-open throttle. This all makes it a bit tricky trying to figure out which cells need to be adjusted to add/subtract fuel or spark advance. There is also very limited english-language support for the software. There is a lot you can adjust with the software but little guidance on what the adjustments actually do. There are some videos but little else and many aspects of the software are not adequately explained. As I consequence, I had no choice but to teach myself as best I could in how to use the software. I then shared my understanding with Mike Godin at KWS, who was at least willing to give it a try, We got a decent tune which I have since tinkered with relying on the ecu's datalogging capabilities.

The datalogging is typical for an after-market ecu but understand that there is no gps without the separate gps module from aRacer and no accelerometers. I don't have the gps module and use an Aim Solo 2 that I haven't attempted to hook up to the ecu (I'm told it can be done). You can review AFR, spark advance, rpm, throttle position, intake air pressure, engine temperature, voltage, and a bunch of other engine variables for an entire run. The software will also make changes for you to the primary fuel map based on recorded AFR data, but I still found a need for making manual changes to hit my AFR targets.

E-Van likes this.
  4. E-Van

E-Van Well-Known Member

Thanks, that is helpful guidance.

It looks like with the racer tools package and logger 2 module, the ECU can handle all the data logging you would want.