1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“My truth”

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's always funny to me is how people think this is some new shit. Every generation has said the same crap about newer ones :crackup:

Gino230, Sudowoodo and hotnail like this.
  2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

BTW, this phrase is quite bothersome to me, as there is an absolute answer to this question. The answer is that the egg must have come first. Evolutionarily speaking, some creature, call it a proto-chicken if you will, laid an egg. The genetic material had mutated to the point that what hatched was the first "real" chicken. Therefore, the amniotic egg appeared well before the first chicken. The only exection would be if you believe in creationism, in which case the devine being might have created the first chicken from nothingness in which case the chicken came first. Not my belief structure, but if it is yours, then it also provides a difinitive answer and still renders the question moot.

Sudowoodo, 83BSA and Gorilla George like this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What if the proto-yardbird that shat out the first chicken egg was itself a true chicken due to being bombarded by gamma radiation and instead of turning green and its feathers ripping out, it clucked and strutted like it was watching Soul Train? :Poke:

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. kenessex

I guess that would be "Your Truth" then, no matter how wrong that makes you. If just randomly changing the definition of accepted terms is what you need, then by all means, do so and shout it out to the world how right you are!!!:crackup:Fricken Minnesnowta meatheads.

5. Exactly.

For there to be a chicken, the egg HAD to come first.

A better question would be “What animal laid the first chicken egg?”

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Hey, I’m just floating theories here. That’s not my hypotenuse. :Poke:

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

A chicken.

Phl218, Sudowoodo, hotnail and 3 others like this.
  8. kenessex

Nope, it would have to have been a not-quite-a-chicken. AKA - Protochicken. You know, genetic engineering and stuff.

9. sdg

sdg *

A dinosaur

Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  10. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Ken -

I love ya', but you have it wrong. I like your argument, but by definition it is wrong.

HPPT has it right. The chicken came first. Let me explain.

So, your "proto-chicken" evolves such that it lays an egg that hatches a chicken. Cool. I get it. But, it was not a "proto-chicken" that laid the egg. It was an evolved or changed "proto-chicken." In other words, it was a CHICKEN. By definition, it is only a chicken can lay an egg that yields a chicken. A "proto-chicken" begats "proto-chickens." Only a chicken can, by definition, begat a chicken.

Cheers,

Dave

11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I think y'all are overlooking the possibility of a test tube.
    Just sayin'. :D

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

"Your honor, MY truth is that I wasn't speeding through that intersection and ran down 2 pedestrians."

13. kenessex

I object.
    I see you failed the law school class in evolution. I think there was a kinda famous trial in 1925 that has some legal relevence to you lawyer types. I am pleased we share a mutual high regard for one another, but that does not make you any less wrong. :Poke:

83BSA likes this.
  14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

15. Fucking morons.

Let’s punish the dairy industry by wasting milk…..which will have to be replaced by the dairy industry.

16. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

If that happens here, they should arrest, charge, and convict each one of them until they all get the point.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

We are dealing with emotion here, not logic. They want to have their little public temper tantrums and get their smug little faces on the news. I would love to see all of these protesters get a hickory shampoo, bump their heads as they "resisted arrest" getting in to the car, do a Brandon down a flight of stairs and then get their smug pampered asses thrown in to jail with the general population. Word would get out pretty quickly that vandalism is a bad way to protest.:crackup:

This is the end result of a generation who have had everything they wanted, told they were special and never got their asses beaten for misbehaving.

tl1098 and Gorilla George like this.
  19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm fairly certain dumb ass vegans in the US and Canada have been doing "craptivism" like this for some time now. The good thing about it is that the more hissy fit tantrums like this they have, the more people they turn off to their "movement".

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/apr/12/ethical-eating-vegan-protest-meat-canada