1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arrest/Phone question

Discussion in 'General' started by Robin172, Oct 15, 2022.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

My daughter was arrested yesterday for a failure to appear on a traffic violation from year or so ago (we actually both thought it had been taken care of). The officer took her phone from her, put it on the roof of the cruiser, cuffed her, put her in the back seat then drove off, needless to say the phone disappeared and hasn't been seen since. Any one got any ideas as to any recourse she has as to getting the phone replaced? This happened in Kentucky and it was a state boy who picked her up.

2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

…..Yeah….. just get her a new phone. You’re not going to get anything from the state. Your long shot is to file a report for the lost item with the arresting office. She doesn’t have a locator app?

Sorry for your troubles, they book and release her?

Chino52405 and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I doubt the state of Ky is responsible for her phone. Call it in lost or buy another.

4. Robin172

Yes, out within a couple of hours.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Buy a new phone.

6. Robin172

Well, the phone was in the troopers care when it got lost.

RichMangus likes this.
  7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Nothing pisses off a judge like failure to appear.
    Buy a new phone. :Poke:

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You're probably right, but I'm sure there's some non liability on the police's part. The time and money fighting them over this will exceed the price of the phone.

DmanSlam, Gorilla George and BigBird like this.
  9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

When he confiscated it they are responsible. That said as others stated buy one. Fighting them to fix their screw up will cost more than the phone. I would mention it to her lawyer in case it matters.

RichMangus likes this.
  10. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Find my phone.

Its hard for them to give you the ol 'we're cops and you're not' when you can make it make noise right behind them.

11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Go to the media. They'd love to broadcast this story.

Then prepare to be pulled over every day for the rest of your life.

Gorilla George and hotnail like this.
  12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It would have to be a very slow day for any media to do a story about a mishandled phone. Call Geraldo Riviera :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  13. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I did 27 days in Davis county jail for failure to appear on a traffic ticket. And I offered him the money. His words… “no one doesn’t show up to my court and not go to jail”

Sabre699, ToofPic and Circacee like this.
  14. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

same thing for a “friend” in CA. Offered the money and he said “Mr Circacee’s friend, I’m not in it for the money. No one skips my court”..

7 day stay.

BigBird likes this.
  15. ton

ton Arf!

damn. who's the judge? not that there's anything to be done about it now, but... i know some people that work in Davis County Courts.

16. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

well…. If I’m being honest… I was already locked up and got sent there on a transfer…. So I had to stay in 27 more days. I had spent that time in salt lake county in Max so being in a regular pod in Davis was kinda nice. The food was way better (god that sounds so stupid) :crackup:

CBRRRRR999 and ton like this.
  17. ton

ton Arf!

you're my favorite criminal, Cortez :crackup::beer:

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

Ex-criminal, he's all reformed and now going to be a big boss.

This has the making of a Hallmark channel movie

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
  19. racr991

racr991 Well-Known Member

Have her call in and speak with someone in command at the local headquarters of the trooper. They should reimburse her for the phone if he lost it after taking her into custody.

20. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

tiny boss. Regional manager is where it starts to get big

You know it’s funny, it wasn’t until things started getting bad socially and politically that I really began to understand the way in which every single persons bad decisions... intentional or not… add up. And that eventually the whole thing collapses. We are literally shaping the structure of reality with every decision we make. we have no clue how one thing we did might change the future for society in the long run, or compound a situation to inevitability. I don’t like what’s happening. doing bad things to bad people I have no problem with. When society breaks down the innocent suffer. I’m done playing my part in that. I’m no longer that angry little boy who wanted to light heaven on fire for my existence.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
    sheepofblue, ton, beac83 and 2 others like this.