1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M&P-15 Sport II questions for the all knowing...

Discussion in 'General' started by RS250Ape, Sep 27, 2022.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I’m not finding PRI, but c-products is showing up as duramags. I do see those at our VA shop we go to but wasn’t sure on them. Thanks, I’ll pick up a couple to try out

2. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

So? Does anyone own a Kel-Tec Sub2000.

Any thoughts? As an inexpensive fun 9mm carbine.

3. britx303

Yes. It’s been very reliable and it’s quite accurate with stock sight setup…..just awkward at first. We’ve had it for almost 2 years and finally just put on the Mcarbo flip away sight mount with a Romeo 5 and added the extended charging handle. It’s actually my wifes but I shoot it more. You WILL burn through 9mm with one of these!!! 9mm carbines are a ton of fun.

speedkelly likes this.
  4. joec

joec brace yourself

wow...have those sport 15s really almost doubled in price in the last 5 years. im sure i saw them in the 350 buck range back then.

5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I use PRI also for 6.8 but for 223/556. I've never had issues with any of the Govt. cheap metal mags

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That's why I bought this. Totally impractical, weighs a ton but is stupid fun to shoot. Plus they were $500 a few years ago so how can you go wrong. I've never had a single FTF.

[​IMG]

britx303 likes this.
  7. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Not $500 anymore. Nice toy!

rd400racer likes this.
  8. rd400racer

Sad thing is the ammo has become so expensive that I feel guilty shooting it. I miss the days when you could buy 1000 rounds of 223 for $250 and $100 for 7.62x39. Now I'm just shooting 22's:D

9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I am going to tell you a secret, the MP5 .22 is an absolute blast to shoot! The most fun I have had with a .22. I threw a holograpic sight (overkill!) on mine and it can drive nails at 15-20 yards. Not bad for a fun plinker. I picked up the pistol, an adapter to add a brace and its perfect. Still hitting the center at 50 yards if you account for bullet trajectory. Mags are expensive but I know a place that sells them for $25 each. Just keep your eye on the site as they sell out quick!
    https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?...ucts_id=64020#back_in_stock_notification_form
    https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/mp5-22-lr-pistol/

rd400racer likes this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Okay Industries
    C Products

I have both. Okay Industries makes them for .mil and has for many years. They've been sold under various names NHMTG, COLT all made by Okay.

C-Products steel 20 Rd mags have lasted me quite a while. No problems feeding.

britx303 likes this.
  11. britx303

I’m seeing the Okay on sale around 8-9 bucks at a few spots but can’t order them:mad:

12. britx303

Hey OP……..PSA has free shipping on their lowers and build kits. You can snag a stripped lower and a kit for just a bit under 400 before tax. I didn’t think I was in the market for another………….might just have to do it for a loaner :flag:

13. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Is that a cetme, hk91, or G3 kit you put together? Sweet either way. I saw one like this on a gunshop wall. Its what led me down the FAL path.

14. rd400racer

It's a cetme but the newer version. I had read that some of the first issue had problems so I made sure to get the latest model. It's just goofy fun. Not really a rifle that you'd want to carry for a while :D