1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AC Repair conundrum

Discussion in 'General' started by Used2befast, Oct 2, 2022.

1. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

So -for an hourly rate of 4 beers an hour- I will move you and the Family in next door… we are going to be great Neighbors!:beer:

2. Philip Mirgliotta

Philip Mirgliotta Well-Known Member

Is it normal for service companies to send other service companies on their behalf? Without notifying the customer first. This happened to us Yesterday. The company that was originally called charged a service fee for the tech to come out, and the tech demanded a separate service fee to diagnose the problem. He was at first refusing to take a credit card. Cash or check only.

3. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Nope. That's not normal.

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Ya think? Holy shit can you imagine? You know how incompetent 60% if the trade is.

I won’t even send a tech out solo until a lead tech or my partner rides right seat for long enough to co-sign him. I can’t fathom handing off a client like that.

5. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Maybe he's on the first vendor's nope list?

6. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Commercial?

7. Philip Mirgliotta

Philip Mirgliotta Well-Known Member

Residential. My wife dealt with this. I wasn't home. He wanted payment up front (check/cash) for a new blower motor, UV light bulb, and cleaning. $1825. He took about 45 seconds to do his troubleshooting and then went to his ipad to write an estimate. The unit is 6 years old.

8. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

NO…Would not sign anything like that…much less pay for it…

9. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Hey I need to allocate some $ for my AC which will die before too long. Whats a ballpark estimate for replacing the central AC in the midwest? Single family 3 bed 2000 ish sq ft, house built in '86 I think.

10. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

assuming a new furnace, coil and condenser, 10-15k.