1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

You know there’s this technology that cuts a lot of these assholes out of the equation….

:D

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
    SuddenBraking likes this.
  2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I'm still 80% out, been to scared to put it back over the last 2 years. The world seems to always get less stable and we have a president who can barely sting 2 coherent sentences together. My last great pick was axon/taser, bought it for 13.00 kicking myself for dumping it during covid. Waiting for the tank then get back in

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

How's that going right now? Everyone still a crypto billionaire. Last time I checked that thing that isn't supposed to track with normal investments and the economy seems to be tracking it pretty hard. The only real difference between the two is one pretends their is no man behind the curtain and the other thinks they have removed the man from behind the curtain and replaced him with a math equation.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What's happening? They're going down? This pleases me…

5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Once again. For the cheap seats. Bitcoin is not about being a gazillionare. It’s correlation to text sector is because people treat it like a stock. That was its initial incentive for growth. It is a store of value. As the dollar inflates, and crypto is regulated it’s volatility will stabilize. I do however see the US government banning it as they roll out their own digital currency to tighten their grip on the population. which wouldnt really affect me as I could transact in Mexico. Even if it hovers at 18-20k for the foreseeable future that still ch a srmakes it a better store of value than the Fucking dollar for future inflation. Then again if it doesn’t break it’s correlation to tech stocks it may tank further

6. Venom51

Regulated? Who's doing the regulating? The answer to that should tell you all you need to know about the viability of having your ability to transact shut off.

7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I like to believe that people are beginning to wake up to the reality of central banking and the investment cartels. They can’t bleed us forever.

8. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Why do you dudes always say shit like this? Our daily economy is vastly electronic already. They already have a digital currency, its called the US fucking Dollar. Fuckin doomsday prepping lizard people non-sense. The only time i even have cash on me these days is to go to this one amazing chinese restaurant i've been going to for 25 years that only takes cash and has probably committed the most tax fraud ever in the history of restaurants... and to buy a lottery ticket from time to time. Your checks are direct deposited for most people. Most people use bank cards and credit cards. There's Paypal, Zelle, Venmo... what exactly do you think is being created? That's such a dipshit fear mongering statement. That's the least of our problems, and we have a lot of those looming for sure.

Except that you still need to convert it back to a real currency to buy most anything, which means its floating along stagnating or worse also losing value while the dollar loses purchasing power (domestically) and then you still convert it back to less dollars than you would have 6 months ago. Its only a hedge if its growing or holding while the other thing is deflating, OR, deflating slower, and you can transact fully in that method of currency without ever touching another. In the last year, inflation on the general economy is "about" 8-10%, so effectively your dollar has 8-10% less purchasing power than it did a year ago, for the sake of this convo. BTC lost 60% of its value in that time. So specifically to your statement, that has been blatantly false and absurdly dumb by sheer numerical fact, irrelevant to how you feel about crypto or the future of crypto or whatever. I'm sure there's some idiot out there with a legitimate business still willing to accept BTC for something even after it lost 2/3rds of its value in a year, but for most things you need... food, gas, your mortgage/rent, electricity, internet, water bill, cable, clothes, 99% of car sales... not happening. Results could vary depending on your particular needs/wants I guess, but not living off the grid in a hippie Manson commune aside...

OR, you're converting to another currency, which are doing even WORSE, relationally to the dollar, which is an even WORSE idea. and the US dollar's purchasing power is currently doing fantastic globally, soooo....

Any day now, you'll be a millionaire. $1m BTC coming soon! You should really just suck it up and go take some real econ classes somewhere man. Particularly one about FX markets or global trade or purchasing power parities. Stop listening to financial podcasts by dudes that wanna sell you boner pills and astronaut food for a zombie apocalypse.

Boman Forklift and SuddenBraking like this.
  9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

And what happens when your gov't or banks decide they don't like what you're doing and they freeze your account ?
    Are you aware of what happened in Canada ?
    If you don't think it could happen here you're the one that's delusional.

10. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

We’ve already seen big banks try to force only fans to To drop their “morally questionable ” content. It’s only a matter of time before they make the government regulate US instead. Blockchain technology will allow that in real time.

Sweatypants likes this.
  11. Venom51

Yep..because they zero control over the large internet pipes over which those transactions traverse right?

Sweatypants and Boman Forklift like this.
  12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Cutting off your internet is less subtle And we have options for Internet outside of major service providers Tied to Land based infrastructure. Starlink comes to mind

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I learned a lot in this thread.

Mostly that drugs are bad, mmm’kay.

14. Venom51

You've just told me all you know about how the transport of data works...

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I suppose now you’re gonna tell him you’ve got 30 years experience in the field and don’t need him telling you what’s what! :D

cortezmachine likes this.
  16. Venom51

I'm not to 30 years yet so I don't know anything.

pickled egg and Boman Forklift like this.
  17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

touche

18. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Random financial news story out of Australia hinted, without naming them, that they’re on the brink of collapse… next people started connecting a large spike in their credit default swap rates, exposure to Euro energy markets, recent pessimistic CEO comments about being at a critical junction, and speculation on some unusual derivative trades. Collectively, just on what can be verified, did not paint a positive outlook.

19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

You mean positive outlook for he Everyman. The people that “matter” will be just fine.

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Just posted a vid in the Utube thread about this. Just for you. :D

HPPT likes this.