1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

you are a brave man. I lost my ass years ago playing with that stuff.

Dragginass likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

What you mean....back in?

I am not using Bird and Motion investment service, I'm a subscriber to get fu..ed by PAPA investment service. My baba investment is a bit upside down at this point. My amaz sucks too, but Tyler told me after I bought....dad that isn't a good move right now. Well he was right.....LOLOL.

I tried talking my wife into moving a chunk of our 401k out of the S&P500.. Unfortunately at this point I am right. Although she was right for awhile.

3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Basically, American printing presses aren’t as fast as everyone else’s. And I’ve yet to have a private street vendor on any continent turn down US currency. In fact, I’d wager good money that South American cartels would rather barter in gold, silver, or durable goods before they start accepting any other nation’s currency in large sums.

When was the last time you saw piles of Euros, pesos or roubles in a press photos after a major international drug bust? That’s what China’s belts and roads initiative planners will never comprehend - their money will never be accepted as a global reserve currency until Akbar and Sukdeep in Afghanistan are willing to trade poppy plant byproducts for renminbi.

4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

You guys should check out the presentation Peter zeihan gave to the ECC conference yesterday. It’s on the tubes.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I had sold it for a small profit a few weeks back. I figured it was going to come back down a good bit before bring up again. I pulled the trigger too early at 86. Looking for mid-seventies for second batch.

6. Boman Forklift

I need to just stack my small pile with you and you just let you do all the buying and selling. I will look at it once in awhile and hopefully be smiling.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, you do not want that. I've had some spectacular losses.

8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The goal is to make sure the last check you ever write bounces.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

upload_2022-9-26_5-41-7.png

Sweatypants likes this.
  10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Nice surprise- one of my buy orders went just now at a 52 week low *and* the day before the ex-div date

HPPT likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nice!

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

but is that the low low, lol

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Just like with the ladies...the bottom can always expand

BigBird likes this.
  15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

New 52 week lows! Yay! Best recovery in history, Jack!

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

C'mon man! Truananashabadaprezsure!

R1M370 and auminer like this.
  17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Let's Go Brandon...

R1M370 likes this.
  18. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  19. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

So… Swiss banks these days… a lot of chatter on Credit Suisse…

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

And Deutsche Bank.

Bear Stearns CEO was spouting the same crap about 'strong capital base and liquidity' almost verbatim right up to the end.

Just read that the chairman of CS is named Lehmann. You can't make this shit up.