1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida Peeps...here comes Ian.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

That sucks Toy. Port Charlotte looks like it's going to get piled up with water on the current track. Stay safe.

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Thank god those Russians built that hurricane barrier behind us at the Sea Dunes. :D

[​IMG]

Once a Wanker.. and MELK-MAN like this.
  3. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

After a long day of picking things up around the yard, putting up storm shutters and making sure I did not forget anything I got in the shower and realized I forgot to take down the fabric sunshade in the back. I just started a note pad do I can write everything down throughout the night that I forgot to do.

I did have a good memory today picking things up we have a plaster frog that is about 12 inches long. It is named Francis, We got it in 2004 when hurricane Francis came through. When we were cleaning up we found it in the front yard, it had washed in during the flooding. Put it out by the mailbox for a few days and told all the neighbors about it and no one claimed it so it has lived on our back patio every since. Hard to believe that was 18 years ago.

BigBird likes this.
  4. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

Thank god those Russians built that hurricane barrier behind us at the Sea Dunes. :D

I am not sure if you follow the news here Johnny B but the city finally took action on the construction site for the North tower and they have to prove the structural integrity of all of the concrete pilings they have in the ground. If they fail they have to be removed and if the pass construction must start on the North tower.

It was also disclosed that the new Hotel is facing bankruptcy. Maybe the Sea Dunes can pick it up cheap!!

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Oh, we're right on top of it. I've been a Bike Week resident of the Sea Dunes since 1998. I took this picture of the pilings on the North project three years ago!.
    The owners of the Sea Dunes are a brother and sister who inherited the place from their parents. The brother is a real estate attorney and the sister is a principal at Volusia Recording Co. (Court reporters)
    They both know the law pretty well and they've been holding the city's feet to the fire because of the numerous violations starting from Day 1. They're on their third Main Contractor, they're way behind schedule, I can go on forever. They also owe us a new roof after violating our airspace with their crane and dropping something.

The city is finally getting off their asses because Paulita pointed out that high rise that collapsed down towards Miami and showed my picture to them. They're going bankrupt because the advanced sales of the condos have fallen flat on their faces, so the banks won't touch them. Being Russian helps nowadays, too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Pretty cool feed to help folks keep on top of things. It's a livestream that I'm sure will have live reports and updates on a regular basis.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  7. YamahaRick

8. Philip Mirgliotta

Philip Mirgliotta Well-Known Member

They took the tower crane down about 3-4 weeks ago.

9. YamahaRick

Just watched a few min of TWC. Looks like it is headed straight for The Mouse. I wish I could say more about how I feel about this.

Good luck to all in FL, regardless of location.

10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I live right on the north port, port charlotte line. Looks like I may get a view from inside the eye today.

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Its like Volusia is trying to emulate Miami-Dade... sans corruption?

thunderalley3 likes this.
  12. Quicktoy

E2C187A3-0E43-4A3F-8D49-11F6C1B668D9.jpeg
    Blue dot is our home. We def may see the inside of an eye today of a cat 4 based off newest projection.

thunderalley3 likes this.
  13. Quicktoy

I lived in Daytona for 10 years. Left in 2011. Pure corruption over there sadly.

14. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Wow, wouldn’t have expected that.
    Just heard jim cantore is on Sanibel, not a good sign for all my HS friends.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That will be interesting if it happens. And if the damage is minimal. As I said earlier I've always wanted to see that, just not at my own house.

Good luck!

Yzasserina, Quicktoy and BigBird like this.
  16. Quicktoy

And what sucks is you don’t want to open a door when in the eye because it can rip your roof off with the pressure change. And all windows are boarded over. So even if we are in the middle I won’t be able to get video.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That seems like a questionable concept. I think IIRC that you went to kollidge for some atmospheric related field, though, so ya probably know more about it than a shit-scooper. :D

18. Quicktoy

Meteorology was my minor at Embry Riddle ;)

New 8 am model shows eye is huge and still aimed at my home. Bunkered down but reading gusts to 190mph has the heart beating a bit faster.
    DBA8A83F-F110-410E-AB41-A4E1375E77AD.jpeg

auminer likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Fack...that's approaching tornado levels.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yikes, this looks ominous (read: fucking scary). Good luck to all you FL peeps.

chobes and Quicktoy like this.