1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New dilemma at nelson

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Sep 23, 2022.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Any body coming to Nelson that has spare stands for an r3.

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

A what is at Nelson?

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

...in de coconut.

5. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

NTTIAWWT

7. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

deLima is one of my favorite AFT tracks on deschedule.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I couldn't leave it the way it was...

9. eggfooyoung

This is why we don't have nice things!

10. assjuice cyrus

Yea, so my typing skills in a rush are not the best. So, after scrambling to get the boys bike parts in and together to make the weekend at Nelson. Friday during the track day it shit the same part again after 15 laps. He was devastated. I always tell him to never give up. Scrambling on what we were going to do. I made a phone to a guy that had an R3 last year that lived kind of close. After explaining what was going on he made us a screaming deal on a stock r3 that only had race plastics on it. His girlfriend also drove an hour and forty mins to drop it off to us. We spent Friday night safety wiring it up and taking kick stand and other stuff off to prep it to race Saturday,

The entire paddock was offering help it was great. My wife and another racers wife drove to Harbor freight for a rear stand at 7:30 in the morning for him. He was able to make 7 laps before his first race. He went out and did the best he could and for a stock r3 and only having a total of 34 laps for the weekend he got into the 19.s. We couldn't be more grateful to everyone in the paddock and the Wera org. Everyone is amazing and this was a weekend that we won't forget for sure.

JJJerry, ungwaha, britx303 and 15 others like this.
  11. eggfooyoung

Good job, dad!

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

just lean it against the Camaro...what could go wrong?

13. assjuice cyrus

Thanks

I tried to make sure there was no option left on the table. Kid worked his butt off this year. Has A's and B's and even though he has an uphill battle cause Hes my kid, he is a good kid. He not setting track records or going to be the next Rossi, He just love this sport like I do and hes always working on trying to improve and gives me 100% while Hes out there and that's all I ask.

HPPT, rd400racer, Trainwreck and 2 others like this.
  14. cowboy dann

cowboy dann Well-Known Member

Awesome job all weekend! Glad it worked out

15. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

Man pretty sad when I have to get my updates from the beeb lol. See you Saturday.