1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assistance on color scheme

Discussion in 'General' started by Shenanigans, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Building a 400 Ninja and need ideas for paint. Leathers are red/white/blue.
    Bike will need that theme , will have graphics done . I was thinking white base color but not sure of graphics also not necessarily stuck on white color .

2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I did a google search on Yamaha Race Bikes before deciding on my latest scheme. I just sent the pic to DC Paintworx and he said "yeah I can do that!"

In retrospect, I should have mocked up the bodywork before sending it to him. Now it has to go back because the stripe doesn't match up. We used an FZ tank and tail and R7 upper so it was hard to see how it was going to mount up without actually mounting it first. My fault. Paint work is beautiful, though.

IMG_2615.JPG

prm, dtalbott, MachineR1 and 3 others like this.
  3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

This, but red instead of orange.

upload_2022-9-21_7-35-11.jpeg

jksoft, Phl218, noles19 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

This paint scheme is a winner...

[​IMG]

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

More wings than a maxi pad...

Shenanigans, 418 and R Acree like this.
  6. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633

Ive painted many race bikes. My only bit of advice; Use a design that ignores the shapes and lines of the bodywork, like the ktm pic posted above. When I first started doing them, I based my designs around the shapes in the bodywork. It doesn’t look bad, it just looks like every other diy job out there. Once I started laying down designs with no regard to the body shapes, they started looking much more professional.

Sudowoodo and Shenanigans like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Tamada_RCV211.jpg

DrA5, Jedb, 418 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

SpeedWerks Racing likes this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

After years of halfassed attempts to match gear and paint jobs I gave up... if you're not a pro representing sponsors you just look like a squid.

As for paint on a Ninja... Team Green is the answer. You could go for a classic ZXR400 scheme (too busy for my tastes) or a simple most/all lime green. And it should go without saying, but...white wheels.

5axis and Shenanigans like this.
  10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The worst shade of blue ever

MachineR1 likes this.
  11. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i painted my bikes with a roll of tape and a couple cans, maybe add some stickers stripes etc. - knowing full well i could be throwing it down the track the very next weekend. lol. did it look fancy? no...but that doesnt matter when youre passing people lol. btw i was always pretty poor, not a guy with an rv and trailer etc. if i had more $$ i wouldve liked to look better lol.

Circacee and Senna like this.
  12. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

It reminds me of blueberry yogurt.

noles19 likes this.
  13. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

by far my favorite livery ever.

14. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Pink with green and blue polka dots.

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

On second thought Gary- paint it neon hot pink and I'll buy it from you when see the next shiny thing

Shenanigans and dtalbott like this.
  16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

17. Looking at that bike gave me Ebola.

18. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

70s and 80s race car livery was epic IMO, and always something for inspiration. Screenshot_20220922-194211.png

dtalbott likes this.