1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Height difference from 180/60 to 190/60

Discussion in 'Tech' started by mgiossi, Sep 1, 2022.

1. mgiossi

mgiossi Well-Known Member

Just trying to figure out geometry numbers between running the Pirelli 180/60 vs the new 190/60. The 190 is clearly taller but I dont know by how much. Anyone happen to know?

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Come on now the tech data is posted on the Pirelli tire selection thread on the tech page!

Michael Hausknecht likes this.
  3. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

By the numbers? Supposed to be 60% of 10mm=6mm.It's less than a 1/4"(.236). About 1/28th the length of the average banana.

Or do what the pro told you to do ^^^^^:)

Sudowoodo likes this.
  4. zitoune

zitoune Active Member

5. F3racer1

F3racer1 Well-Known Member

180 is 190mm, 190 is 195mm. So its 5mm

6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

That's width.

Diameter is 6mm taller. So radius is 3mm taller, which is the relevant number for geometry. But that's just at the tallest point of the tire. The profile is different and the diameter at the shoulder of the tire is almost identical so geometry at lean is very, very similar, but with more of a footprint.

I have not had a single rider go from the 180/60 to the 190/60 and not prefer it.

7. F3racer1

F3racer1 Well-Known Member

Correct. I was looking at the wrong column on the chart. Chart says the 180 is 656mm in diameter and the 190 is 662mm.

I prefer the 190/60 myself