1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

favorite track and why?

Discussion in 'General' started by long path/road, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Road Atlanta.

The fast T1, then rolling down the esses and then climbing over wheelie wheel, fucking love it.

Also love the 10A/B section, then climbing and wheeling under the bridge.

And T12 is a good place to punt people into the gravel. :D

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

NJMP Thunderbolt

First track day I attended, on my 250 with NESBA and I only had ridden like 1000 miles since I had gotten my license. Happen to also be one of the first motorcycle groups to ride the track when it opened, think it was like 2008, and they didn't use the chicanes.

But I was so new, everything was new. The facility was new, just like putting on a new helmet visor, and you don't forget your first time.

3. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Daytona International Speedway... Just too effen amazing up on the banking. :D
    NJMP _ First ever experience racing on American soil (2015) :cool:

Looking forward to finally trying Barber next month with you crazy WERA mofo's o_O

TLR67, SuddenBraking and BigBird like this.
  4. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Road Atlanta with the old configuration 2/3 and the old turn 12 was probably the scariest/most fun turn. The S's, turn 5 up the hill, turns 10a,b, wheelie hill under the bridge. Such a great layout.
    Road America 2nd, Miller 3rd.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was my first thought when I read his post. :D

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'll bet you will like Barber. Save some time (whole day) for the museum.
    Barber is a fun track, even in the rain.
    Grattan CC is fun.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Nope. Seen these threads elsewhere but not here.

8. F3racer1

F3racer1 Well-Known Member

Daytona - I have an very emotional attachment to it. I was born there in 78. My mom went into labor at the track while my dad was racing. Track ambulance took my mom to Halifax. After the checkered my dad pulled in and was told bout it. He rode his Norton race bike from the track to the hospital without stopping. My Grandfather worked there as an announcer from 1956 when it was on the beach until 1963 after it was moved to where it is now. I haven't been able to race there but Ive done a few Team Hammer Schools there and it was the last place where I was able to be on track with my dad before he passed away.

MachineR1, wera313, TLR67 and 9 others like this.
  9. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Autopolis

Over the last 16 years I've turned many laps there on everything from a Ninja 250 to the H2R. I've shared that track with the Moto GP test team and have turned laps there on the Kawi WSBK test bike. I've tested there in the snow as well as blazing summer heat and pouring rain. Many great memories from that place.

[​IMG]

SuddenBraking, BigBird, Razr and 3 others like this.
  10. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

DDK732, that's effin cool.

For me it's Sears Point aka Sonoma Raceway.

My home track, 30 minutes from my door, technical, not too fast, suits me and my clapped out SV just fine.

Just rode there yesterday!

BigBird and Razr like this.
  11. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

Of all the tracks I have done (all in the west coast) this would be my order from favorite to still like but needed more time on them.

1. Laguna Seca - legendary, did my first track day in 1995
    2/3. Tied - The Ridge Motorsports / Pacific Raceway (Seattle International raceway) Both are my home tracks and they are fun for various reasons. Have 1000's of laps on both.
    4. Sears Point - Totaled my RC51 there but the course is fun. I like elevation changes.
    5. Thunderhill - Long, fast fun, want to go back now that it has different course to ride
    6. Will Springs (big track) - have only been there once and would like to ride it again. Fast Fast Fast....
    7. Bumpy (Button) Willow - Fun but too flat and usually way to hot of weather...
    8. Oregon Raceway Park (ORP) - too small, its a giant gokart/motard track. Its ok and its fun on a smaller bike but a liter bike makes Zero sense there.
    9. Portland International Raceway - Fast but uneventful and flat
    10. Pahrump/Spring Mountain - tight, flat, I was there too long ago to recall much and only did 2 days on it.

12. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Bridgehampton Raceway was my favorite. Not very technical but super fast and fun!

The pit area would send Broome into a full blown seizure! lol

13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That I've ridden : Calabogie and Mosport
    That I know : Phillip Island

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Barber. I don’t believe there’s another track that offers a “total experience” like there. I’ve never seen another track crew comb the entire track, every evening, picking up all the fallen hardware and bits from participant vehicles. Then, they comb the pits, asking if anyone is missing anything. I remember a dude losing part of his shift linkage. That night, a track worker came by with assorted pieces, including the missing shift linkage part. There’s a top-notch group running that place.

sheepofblue and R1Racer99 like this.
  15. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

Nurburgring Nordschliefe. Completed the Joe Weber School several years ago required for Industry Pool testing. Amazing track and just a great area in general to spend time in.

Triple X and F3racer1 like this.
  16. F3racer1

F3racer1 Well-Known Member

I did it in a BMW when I was stationed in Germany. SO freaking awesome. I wish I could have taken a bike there.

17. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

favorite tracks i have raced
    Barber-tons of fun
    Daytona-speed-speed-more speed
    Road America-more tons of fun and SPEED
    Atlanta- fast, fun and technical at the same time
    VIR-Fast and oh so fun on the approach to the straight from going down the hill
    Summit Point- I really like it
    NJMP-tricky and fun love turn 1 and the bus stop
    CMP-turn 1-2-3-4
    all the rest

18. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I've always wondered how everyone's biases would apply to this question, in consideration to how well they competed at this particular track. For instance, for my talent level, I'm probably best at Roebling compared to my competitors. I'm the most experienced at Barber. But for pure fun, regardless of outcome, it has to be Road Atlanta. The elevation changes, fast straights, chicanes and fast esses; it has it all.

F3racer1 and YamahaRick like this.
  19. jfcasley

jfcasley Well-Known Member

Oakhill

fastfreddie likes this.
  20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Putnam. :crackup:

ducnut likes this.