1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I love my BRZ, it really is accessible driving enjoyment. But I drool over the GT4 that is see every morning on the way to work....

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  2. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

F3racer1 likes this.
  3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I thought you were in your 30's?

4. A used track car vs a mini a totally different. If I were to get a used track car it would not be for anything but play. I’d never buy a boxster, never even think about it. I was speaking about how good the GT4 even compared to the higher jo models in Porsche’s lineup. I found a decent low mileage Elise but then by the time I have it wrapped, either transported or fly to get it etc too much hassle. Yellow is not happening and either is red. Not against having one wrapped if it’s the right price. Actually waiting for a text back from a guy that’s trying to get on an earlier flight home from China so I can go see and STV boat he has. It has a yellow upper hull and thankfully interior has no yellow in it. It’s simple enough to wrap myself and it’s not a show boat. The vinyl I’d need to wrap it is in stock as well so just wilting now. If I flipped a yellow boat at 100mph and died I’d expect people to piss on my coffin, have nothing against bees just don’t like yellow on vehicles. Or red. I’ve waited to find the right Allison or STV for a year give or take as I don’t by any means need it nor should I even buy it but will anyways.

5. Yes and it’s on my list for the upper end and over $40k mark. I’ve been in one but not any spirited driving. I’m trying to at least take a good look at lower end of my budget to at least humor myself and telling myself I tried to piss away less money. Certain price gaps you get a lot more value, seems there is a lot more value between 30 and 40 than say 20-30 or 40-50.

6. F3racer1

F3racer1 Well-Known Member

You can find the 2016 model years in the 30K range, but they are getting up there in miles. They are also more easily "tuned". In 2017 GM started restricting the ecu in them a little more.

7. Well going to look at an 18 ATS-V after a 1pm meeting that’s a bit over an hour away. Need to quickly do some research on those things so I can compare actual options and what was available vs what’s in this car. This one’s a stick and I have no idea what auto they even out in there and if it’s even worth looking into. After having that 19 Grand Sport for a bit I really came to like the auto. On the other hand the ZL1 with a 6 speed sure made you feel connected and even in town the auto blipper with exhausts open made me giggle non stop.

8. Already looked into that as it was very first bit of google machining I did. I’ll spend the money on a lower mileage 1 owner car. Not saying I won’t have issues with a lower mileage car but hoping I have less. You can get into 18 plus with HP Tuners but of course it costs 4 credits vs previous years 2 credits. I got decent with their tuning software so I prefer to stick with it. Just little changes on the vette with no dyno time cleaned up the lean spots a ton and got rid of a lot of the hiccups in around town stuff where it would lean itself out. Amazing how close they get these vehicles to the ragged edge to do that damn epa test loop and pass CAFE and EPA tailpipe emissions. Bikes are worse as we all know. Plus the trans tuning really made a huge difference when you were doing some more spirited mountain roads. I always play everything on the safe side and lots of people go way further but risk vs reward for me.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

40s with the joints of a 70 year old

cha0s#242 and rd400racer like this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Funny I like yellow and red but don't like silver or gray?

11. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'm pretty set on getting a GR86 I think. I want a car that I can toss around on a whim and drive at 10/10ths without going to jail. I had a miata I could do that with back in college and kind of miss it.

Of course my current daily is a 10' tall van, so I know anything will be more fun to drive than that.

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  12. rwdfun

rwdfun

If anyone wants a real sports "car" you need to get Hummer EV. It does 0-60 in 3.3 seconds while weighing over 9000lbs. I'm not sure it's even weight legal to drive on residential streets but goes 0-60 in 3.3 seconds? If you think it handles poorly remember it has 4 wheel steering so it should handle like a champ.

/thread

13. F3racer1

F3racer1 Well-Known Member

Hell, if you're already used to HPT then that works out great. I've tuned a few GM platform cars using it. A few G8's and a Silverado.
    Its an 8 speed auto. 8L90 that was also used in the CTS-V, Camaro ZL1, etc. The 6 speeds are nice too. Look for the PDR (performance data recorder) and Recaro seats. They have quite a bit of issues with the stereo screens getting sun damaged due to the angle.

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

No...

15. Hard to argue with physics when you need to stop though. That’s a scary thought people launching that thing in areas they shouldn’t and not being able to stop in time. Has decent stopping distance …. For a 9000lb vehicle but I’m sure it won’t end well for more than a few of them. I’m actually surprised they allow it to put down that much power. It’s very cool and I can appreciate it but after driving that ZL1 that can bite you even exiting an on ramp it’s easy to see why there are so many salvage ones around.
    I prefer either black or white. Silver is overdone and has to be on the right car.

16. The PDR is fun, the vette I borrow has it, it’s great for resale too. It’s hailing here, FML. Massive storm heading right in the entire path. He’s out of town tomorrow so going to try to make something work Friday.
    HP has their shit together and I like the way they run their business with the credits and not locking a tuner to a vehicle. They lock the tune but not tuner. Many of stories of people getting them stolen and having to get a new one from companies that can work on a locked one. Stories I’ve heard is they sure don’t sell you them at msrp.

F3racer1 likes this.
  17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I've got a pretty good story about that......

18. No.

[/discussion]

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

It's a great car, you won't be disappointed. Some sticky tires, and you'll be set.

Also, GR Corolla, well if you can find one without a markup, with the performance pack, it's like $37k

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. Pretty sure I don't wanna hear it. :D

SuddenBraking likes this.