1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOTICE FROM THE MANAGEMENT

Discussion in 'General' started by This old Rz, Sep 6, 2022.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Were they sustainably sourced? o_O

2. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Day 1 - no more gas vehicles.
    Day 2 - don't charge your electric vehicle, you'll blow the grid.
    Day 3 - no new power plants.

Trust us, we exempted ourselves from all those rules

Gorilla George, 969 and cbush like this.
  3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

How's old Diablo Canyon doing these days?

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Diablo Canyon's plans for shutdown have been reversed via a recent decision by the legislature. Rancho Seco and San Onofre remain non-operational relics. Forest biomass still in need of capital for dispersed small-gen (<5MW) facilities; existing incentives from CPUC not really cutting it. Can't seem to guarantee feedstock over an appropriate investment horizon (I've been told that is 20 years). Solar and Wind installs ongoing at a rate of around 2 GW/yr. Gas still dominates total production at nearly 50%. YMMV.
    Carry on!

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Try and put solar panels on your house in California and let us know how it goes. :crackup:

forget individual wind power in Kali, you’ll never get it approved unless you are willing to spend way more than it’ll ever be worth.

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Coming to a state near you....

7. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

I had to turn all those alerts off, my phone was blowing up regularly with Amber Alerts for kids in custody disputes.

8. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Bill Maher had a running gag on that, chronicling the trials and tribulations. It took 1,131 days from start to finish. He showed a photo where 11 inspectors were on site one day.

9. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

I left Kali a while ago... But, I put solar on my house using a company and the whole process took me about 30 days. Install was only a week and a week on front side for submission/permit, then two weeks back side for various inspectors. The company rep was onsite for every inspection. It was very smooth and easy. Not sure why this seems to be a rumor or some people have issues but mine was painless.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

I suspect a lot of that has to do with which county is involved. Location, location, location.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

12. auminer

13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

E0FF4B8C-C434-46F0-A3A2-75F35FAB0ADE.jpeg

14. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Deleted post …

15. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Isn't this about power grids? That's like choosing the life boat with a hole in it.

auminer likes this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

What has changed? I have lots of friends and most of my neighbors that have put up solar? One friend recently added another 20 panels and 5-7 Tesla Powerwall's for a total of 60 panels. He is a bitcoin mining guy and their home has 5 A/C units, so that is why they have all of that.

I have a racer dad friend who runs the finance dept at Solar Max, and I haven't heard of a change from him, but it has been a couple months since we have spoken.

17. Boman Forklift

My best friend put up over 2o panels himself with the help of his two boys and then hired an electrician for the final wiring and tie into the system. Claims it was easy peazy and tried to get me to do it. I really should but the price on stuff has shot up the last time I checked, he did it pre covid.

18. Boman Forklift

DATZ a good von!!!!

auminer likes this.
  19. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

All american solar companies crash and burn once the gubbermint subsidies go away.

Killing the coal industry also coincides with killing a large number of electoral votes.

20. auminer