1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF - PayPal???

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Aug 24, 2022.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Thereby guaranteeing I'll need it next week...

Case in point- rotated the tires on my new Venza and destroyed a lug nut on the first wheel and boogered up several others. No problemo- the ones I saved from my (long gone) Sienna fit perfectly.

A. Barrister likes this.
  2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I do something totally different with a lot of my old MC stuff...I barter. We have a local club that has close to 2,000 members; I'll post up some leftover part that was off a bike I sold 10 years ago and I'll see if anybody needs it and if they may have something I need. Or I give it to them with the knowledge that they owe me sometime/someday. I gave one guy 3 RD125's that I was going to get around to fixing up but never did. I think that donation has paid itself 10 fold over the years.

racer_11, YamahaRick and bullockcm like this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

do you use a marking pen to verify each bill?

4. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Marking pens aren’t all that helpful anymore.

5. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I sold something w/ PP a while ago and they put a hold on the funds. I was told because I don't sell a lot and the sale ($250) raised some PP flags. After a couple weeks (I think), I got my funds. No issues.

BigBird and ClemsonsR6 like this.
  6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I will use PayPal for people on this board and thats it.... Because of threads like the 6 ft screwdriver, Dont you know who I am, and Shervin the entertainment would 3 fold the amount lost...

7. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

HAve an account. Only used it for one purchase since they only took credit cards through paypal. That was a couple years ago. Last year someone sent me $1100 into my account. Got an email from paypal that seemed scammish since I wasnt selling anything. Opened up a different tab and logged in. Yep theres $1100 there from some guy. Got everything straightened out with the guy. He forgot to put the 2 numbers in the email addy he was sending it to where mine is the same one but without the 2 numbers). Since I wouldnt be using pp anymore I went to delete the account. Now they wont let me until I prove that the refund was done. Uh THEY have the fucking record of the transactions. Cant even find a phone number to contact them so I can shut it down.

8. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Wife was a banker for 12 years, she counts and verifies if its a large sum. Easy to spot when you know what to look for I guess.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

exactly my point... cash is cumbersome.

10. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Shipped the exhaust, dealt with the on-hold money and it was recently released.

Haven't transferred it to my account yet, but It's in there for me to do so.

Pain but it is what it is.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

I collect and sell vintage Hot wheels and sold a number on Ebay using Paypal but the headache of dealing with paypal just got to be a PIA , wife is gonna have a cool yard sale whenever i punch out on Gods time clock lol .

12. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

If youre counting thousands I guess. Im too poor for that, so I like getting what im suppose to.

13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I take my stuff to the local auction houses that do online auctions. I just drop it off and get a check in the mail when it sells. I always figure that anything in hand is better than unused stuff sitting around, so I don't care what it goes for. I have made some big money on stuff I thought would go for cheap. I got $75 for a box of factory Remington 45-70 ammo that I had. I don't even know where it came from as I have never even had a 45-70.

14. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Got nailed today with a Paypal hold. Said the transaction appeared "higher risk" and that since I haven't sold anything with Paypal recently I need to "build trust". Horseshit. I've been accepting Paypal payments with this account for 20 years. I also accept several payments for goods each month through PP. This amount was only $200, they must be doing this to everyone.

Because I printed the shipping label from the Paypal site, they inform me the hold will be released one day after the item is delivered. Annoying.

I read an article years ago that reported Paypal was using customer's funds for short term investments, not sure if this is still the case.