1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Not comparing you to my 5'4, 100 pound daughter but she has very small hands and puts at least 10 full magazines down range every time she gets a chance. She says it's smoother than my XDS and the M&P 2.0 I gave her.

2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

The OG shield was a pleasure to shoot as is the G26.

P938 and OG PPS were both very accurate but PPS trigger safety would rub my finger raw after a bit.

3. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Not comparing you to my 5'4, 100 pound daughter but she has very small hands and puts at least 10 full magazines down range every time she gets a chance with my PX4. She says it's smoother than my XDS and the M&P 2.0 I gave her.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You can say that again.

5. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I feel like a Sig salesman today but here goes. My dad got one of the new 365 Macros with a “compensator” built into the slide. It’s not a true compensator but it definitely shoots softer than my 365XL which might as well be the same gun. It’s cut for an optic and has 17 round mags. I liked it a lot but couldn’t justify the cost to replace it for the negligible differences over what I have in my XL.

6. Ive been looking at that. What is the latest one called, P365 Spectre Comp or some shit like that?

The reviews look good, but is it really enough of a difference to replace my current P365XL? I’ve already got an optic on it and some Talon grips, it’s awesome.

7. Shit I like that.

8. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

I really don't know how guys daily carry things like the P365 Macro, or any typical "compact". The heal of the grip on the Macro is a full 1/2 longer than a Glock 19, and I can't even conceal the 19. I appendix carry, and with the Glock 19 it looks like I'm smuggling a framing square under my shirt. The Macro would be even worse. I'm short, 5'11" and 185 Lbs with a slight belly. I use a decent size wedge and a stacked concealment claw for the P365 XL. How the hell are you average sized guys concealing 2011's and Glock 17's? I'm talking year round t-shirt and jeans, not Upper Michigan in winter with a snow suit.

9. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

An entire dresser full of holsters that didn't work, plus re-enforced dedicated gun belts. In some cases, larger guns are easier for me to conceal because there is more of them inside the holster and supported by the belt than the smaller ones. But it's really so individual that nobody is going to tell you what you can and can't conceal reliably. I live in Phoenix now, and wear fitted clothing most exclusively. At 5'11" and 175 I can conceal a full size 1911 or G45/Sig 320 ish sized gun just fine if I can find a holster that works. In many cases, it's not in the same place that another gun that looks the same size to me works either, which adds to the confusion.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  10. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

I always wonder how people do that. Now I wonder how I did it!

Sabre699 likes this.
  11. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

The Spectre Comp is the Gucci version. Gold trigger and barrel, some slide cuts and a different grip, not a whole lot of real performance gains if you ask me.

The 365X Macro is the newest one. The biggest selling point is the 17 round mags and a true 1913 rail. The 17 round mag is pretty much the same size as the current 15 rounder, there is some black magic going on in there. The comp is definitely noticeable but not life changing. It also comes with adjustable back straps. The grip being a touch longer felt really good in my hand, it was also easier to draw from concealment.

If I didn’t already have a variant of a 365 or if budget wasn’t a concern this would absolutely be the one I would buy. For me the difference over what I already have wasn’t worth the cost.

On a side note the other 365 holsters will not work because of the rail.

12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

The sig 365/x/xl were on the table at my shop and I loved the feel of them. I still can’t carry til my license is clear in roughly 2 months, so by that point I can “layer” up better while getting accustomed to carrying and with a tool I’m most familiar with for now (G19/copycat dagger) Then once spring gets closer it’ll justify getting something else:flag::D

13. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

I hear you on the holsters. I have stacks of them, and even started making my own so I can get the lowest profile with the proper clip placement. My daily belt is a Kore essentials, and that helps quite a bit. A longer barrel helps me too, the keel principle I believe. For instance, I can conceal a P365 XL better than the shorter P365, because the P365 wants to tip away from my body at the top. But I'll be damned if I can conceal a standard double stack compact or anything with a longish grip. I do have to laugh at a lot of the Youtubers showing themselves carrying bigger guns, stating how they don't print, yet they're printing more than a commercial Xerox machine.

14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

The 2 owners of the gun shop are both current LEO for their day jobs. One likes 380 as his personal carry off duty. They are both members of the same gunclub as we are and have offered to bring different pieces to try out. Think I’ll take them up on that soon. The other thing I forgot to mention was also the purpose of a 380 I thought would make a decent intermediate caliber between 22 and 9, for my daughter. She’s doing awesome with the 22 pistol but she still gets a bit hesitant/flinchy with 9mm pistols, so was thinking more power than 22 but less than 9………so 380??

15. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

You might be surprised at the cost of 380 ammo.
    Availability is much better lately, but it sucked finding it for a while there.

16. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the tacticool dorks carrying appendix with those giant double sidecar rigs that look preggars always make me laugh.

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Right now I have a few different “carry” guns but I always seem to pocket carry a SAS 365. When the weather changes I’m going to look more into an optic on a 365 XL or XL spectre comp.

18. six6two

six6two AWD

A friend of mine carries year round in t shirt no problem just cut the grip off the 17 to take 19 mags.. best handgun of all times

19. Neily

Neily Member

Does anyone have experience hunting with a silencer? Nearby gun store has some Silencerco in stock and I've been itching to get one for years.

20. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Assuming it’s legal in your state. I have hunted with a suppressor for about 12 years exclusively unless I bring the garand or on a few other occasions.
    What are you wanting to know?