1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Had a visit with my 9mm that’s in jail. Pretty cool except even with the RMR still can’t see over the suppressor…. So therefore it’s pretty stupid. I guess for HD I would likely point and shoot and it’d be fine but this was going to be more of a toy. I guess I need a cz scorpion

[​IMG]

Wingnut likes this.
  2. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I just got my Nomad out of jail. It's funny how long it is with the keymo adapter, on a 16" AR15. At least I am glad that I already have 2 pistol lowers and building a couple of shorter uppers for use with the nomad. 7" 300Bo, 12" 5.56 and a 11.3" 6.8spc.

3. Steak Travis

I maybe back on the 300blk out train with this 9mm suppressor, otherwise I may not use it. The nomad will be nice for all of those . my 6.8 was 11.5" shot 120sst's sub moa at 100. My 12.5 556 is my go to at the moment. I got the 16" 556 up and running and after the SBR's it's hard to want to use even though I can't tell a difference with the extra length out in the woods.

4. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

My new toy is finally finished and scheduled to be delivered next Tuesday from Big Timber, Montana. it's chambered for the cartridge on the left, the little one on the right is a 45-70.
    [​IMG]

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Why are you looking to have reconstructive shoulder surgery?

6. lizard84

While it’s recoil is not insignificant it’s actually not to bad when loaded with a 540 grain hunting load. Loaded with a 650 to 700 grain long range load it can be, let’s say, intimidating.:D

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Damn.....Quigley!

8. lizard84

That was a Shiloh Sharps 45-110 I believe, mine is a 50-90, also a Shiloh.

Sabre699 likes this.
  9. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

thought it was the 50 alaskan. since i have a 348 and a decent amount of brass, I always wanted a 50 alaskan lever gun...

10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I think I like the original 450 Alaskan a little better for the availability of a wider variety of bullets. The grandson of the originator used to work for me and has a bunch of his stuff.

gt#179 likes this.
  11. lizard84

The Big Fifty has arrived!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sabre699 and gt#179 like this.
  12. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

What no rear tang sight? Send it back!

13. lizard84

In the mail.

14. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Very nice
    Congrats

15. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Nice color case hardening. A year or two ago I talked to the guys at turnbull restorations at a show and looked at a few of their offerings. The CCH stuff they make is amazing. I'm not a 1911 fan but he had one sitting on the table that was amazing. Ruger Mark IV pistols, rifles, etc.

[​IMG]
    couldn't find a photo of the full 1911 but that gives you an idea. They usually do cowboy guns but the modern stuff with the CCH frames look pretty cool IMHO.

16. Patent1

Patent1 Well-Known Member

Admitted gun newbie looking for "best" home defense weapon. I already have a 9 mm pistol which will be suppressed once ATF oks me having a suppressor. I am planning to buy a 300 blackout AR-15 pistol with a 10.3 threaded barrel and pistol brace, to be suppressed again once ATF oks it. Would like your thoughts whether a suppressed AR-15 pistol is my best choice, or whether you believe there is a better option. Am already aware of the possible reclassification of AR-15 pistol w/brace as a SBR. Also, no interest in shotguns for home defense. What say you?

17. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Personally, build or buy an AR-9 since you already have the suppressor.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  18. Steak Travis

19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Rock on with the .300blk pistol. Throw a red dot on it. Just make sure you test a wide variety of ammo through it to ensure it cycles well. .300blk probably has one of the widest ranges of ammo types on the market. Everything from 110gr. supers to 220gr. subs. From what I've seen, most subs are in the 190-220 range and that's where you'll be able to maximize use of the suppressor. However, those same rounds tend to struggle in terms on providing enough gas to cycle some guns but a suppressor should help with that. Just make sure you run it regularly. In my rather limited experience - new gun=less reliable while it breaks in; guns breaks in, works great, gun gets a fair amount of use on it and reliability can drop back off without regular thorough cleaning.

Saiyan66 and DmanSlam like this.
  20. Patent1

Patent1 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. From what I've read, subsonic 300 blackout is the quietest round, and at a distance of 20 feet or less should have plenty of stopping power. I am tempted to hire someone to build the weapon using Palmetto State or Aero Precision upper, etc., since I don't have the knowledge/skill to build it myself. Currently, the other option is a Daniel Defense DDM4V7P, which is pricey.