1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expedited Bike Shipping Service - Ohio to California

Discussion in 'General' started by Austin824, Jun 12, 2022.

1. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

It seems UShip has two things that happen on there, either a dispatcher looks to plan a route and schedules some jobs long in advance, or they have someone coming through and are looking for small odds and ends to make the run more profitable.

I had something on there for a week, and it took until 2 days before my deadline, and I got 3-4 bids on the same day. It might help to schedule the shipment to be delivered sooner than later in that case?

Mine was a salvage bike though, so I wasn't super concerned about the condition, so it was in the back of a pickup while he was towing a boat across the country as well, but every shipper/situation can be different.

2. rcmike917

rcmike917 Well-Known Member

Figured I'd follow up, Omar is the man and came through 100%, bike arrived 2 days early. Not the cheapest but worth the cost in my opinion if you need a bike delivered by a certain date or if you're on a timeline. Everything was top notch, communication, loading, unloading etc. no issues. Maybe this will help a few folks if they need a bike shipped.

Mike

3. periodic

periodic Well-Known Member

If you don’t mind me asking, what did you get charged and for how many miles? I think he’s fairly cheap…

4. rcmike917

rcmike917 Well-Known Member

Fairly straight forward- 60 cents a mile, VA to AZ, door to door. Knowing what I know now, yeah considering the service he is cheap.

Edit- the cost included insurance, bill of lading, they also share location so you can track them in route to pick up and deliver.

Motorcycle Shippers was little cheaper by a few hundred bucks but couldn't guarantee a delivery date and wanted me to bring the bike to a hub. HaulBikes was also cheaper but the Google reviews and friends horror stories of bikes missing scared me away. In the end Foxhound and Omar were the best, glad I went with them.

Mike

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    motion, YamahaRick and periodic like this.