1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica I Superbikes at Minnesota I Brainerd International Raceway - July/29-31

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We go with kind of in between what everyone thinks the rules should be - measuring every single thing until we get to the protested part - and what they're doing but more towards what they're doing. The issue is we're not going to allow someone to pay $500 and go diving into a competitors motors to see what all they've done to it and how it's been tuned and so on. It's not a fishing expedition - however when we do a teardown on our own it absolutely is a fishing expedition however for those we don't allow the other teams to be a witness to the procedure. With a teardown we do.

Now, on the way down to the protested part(s) we will DQ or otherwise penalize anything we do find. I'd assume MA is the same, but we wouldn't be checking bore and stroke and such if the protest is about case height and camshafts.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good point.

3. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

$750 deposit for the protest is to MotoAmerica, they contribute some or all of that and other fines to RRW Action Fund if not upheld. Refunded if protest is upheld. Other $200 goes to the protested team if they win.

4. Knarf Legna

Cylinders separate from cases, base gasket is controlled. Modification of cases not allowed so can't machine the cylinder mating surface.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have our protest fees structured all wrong :crackup:

6. bentforks

bentforks Well-Known Member

It’s not hard to guess which team went crying to motoamerica and had Gus’s points yanked away. Gus had no other option with the way max’s motor pulled everyone else’s. But that’s just my opinion

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It'd be a ridiculous opinion to have. No one went to race direction for Gus' penalty. It's not something another team can protest nor would their input be considered. Pissed off teams/riders is a normal thing at races and you listen because that's polite and part of the job but they don't have influence over decisions.

Also, a random official - unless they are the actual specific race director - in parc ferme is absolutely not going to have information about any discussions the race direction team is having with regard to possible penalties for riding infractions. If you ask a race official at our events who isn't the race director about things like that you can take any no as actually meaning "not that I know about".

8. Knarf Legna

It was a member of race direction. But RD is a 3 man team so I imagine he was outvoted. Perfectly within their rights, not complaining with the decision.

9. drop

drop Well-Known Member

O you talking about when gus cannon balled into the corner about 5 bikes farther than normal?

10. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Yet you censor people, cause you don't like what they say.

Or they hurt your feelers'

11. A. Barrister

In Formula 1, you can take people out, get penalized, and still keep (most of) your points. Supposedly, it is the action that is penalized, not the result of that action.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Manage your trap speeds and no one will notice you. ;)

13. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

I think that the differences in terminal velocity ( :p ) during JC could be attributable to (one / some) of them pulling some variation of “one more tooth”*.

*Excel can be your friend

14. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Over the top cursing / personal attacks are zero tolerance.

A. Barrister likes this.
  15. A. Barrister

So, you unblocked me for what, the 2nd or 3rd time now?

LOL at the cursing. And calling people names. You do it. You seem to be "flexible" regarding what is considered acceptable, or not. depending on who is on the receiving end.

Hypocrite.

Here, block me again.

Cunt.

418, Itey and G 97 like this.
  16. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

So did Gagne ever say what caused the crash?

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Those bozos have no clue so we are waiting for the stanboli coyner youtube talk

G 97 likes this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

But you call people sweetie and snookems and other stupid disparaging names and incorrectly accuse them of certain activities and behaviors while being passive aggressive and believe it’s perfectly fine in doing so. LOL.
    So it’s perfectly fine when you insult others and personally attack them because you don’t use foul language. Your hypocrisy is off the charts with this. Why am I not surprised. But by all means keep trying to validate your own stupidity. :crackup:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
    A. Barrister likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

At times it seems he has some sort of mental condition, honestly. He’s certainly lacking in some fundamental areas of thought etc.

A. Barrister likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds likely. I didn't think you'd be upset with the call, kind of like Kyles penalty, it sucks but you understand why it has to happen.