1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica I Superbikes at Minnesota I Brainerd International Raceway - July/29-31

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 27, 2022.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You guys not there?

2. noles19

I believe it's electronic related

3. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Feel the same. Chuck was on MotoA pod a couple weeks back. Dropped more F bombs than a Tarantino flick. Spoke very highly of Matty. Something just not vibing with that team.

418 likes this.
  4. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

His bike has been spinning and bucking all over the place last couple rounds. Doesn’t look electronic but I’m not a pro so…

5. noles19

That's electronic related most likely. Road america was for sure.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

All I could think of was Dykes on Bikes. Did you know they can also work on their own bikes, pretty amazing. Just like guys, but with vaginas.

7. bentforks

bentforks Well-Known Member

Looks like max in jr. Cup has a strong motor again

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
  8. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

I wonder if there will be a Dunlop/Pirelli run off for MA contract next year.
    I don't remember if it is yearly or if Dunlop has a multi-year contract.
    A two tire brand competition in the same paddock can't be a bad thing?

drop likes this.
  9. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

It's a stock 750 swingarm.

henry_carlson likes this.
  10. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Didn't they just change their electronics guy a couple rounds ago?

noles19 likes this.
  11. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Stay tuned, may be some news tomorrow. You and 128 other people noticed.

12. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Uhm, wasn’t only Max who seemed to of had a strong engine.

drop likes this.
  13. Lwtkawi

Lwtkawi Member

The chaplain attended all morning meetings both staff and corner workers asked if anyone isn’t ok, and needs to talk. The medical staff were also spoken to, asked if they had any questions or needed support.

Is this an assumption that they aren’t being supported or do you have someone on site that doesn’t feel supported?

418 and henry_carlson like this.
  14. Lwtkawi

Lwtkawi Member

All the motorcycles legal to race last year are legal to race this year with no modification. And thus far no one has gone faster than SDK and Richie last year. So….I’m not sure what true added costs there truly are as those two bikes are still legal.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

I didn’t take his comments to mean anything other than the incident not only effects the racers but also the workers at the track. I didn’t read anything in his comments that questioned the notion that peeps are not receiving the additional emotional support otherwise, other than simply stating that the incident effects the entire paddock including workers etc. I certainly don’t see any assumptions being made. Just my take.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Unless you’re Michelin in MotoGP and Bridgestone starts kicking your ass. :D

17. 418

418 Expert #59

Aren't all the bikes required to run a new electronics package this year for the Balance of Performance deal?

I heard the ride by wire 750 kit is in the thousands and assumed everybody else kit is as well...

18. bentforks

bentforks Well-Known Member

In the front group his definitely Max seemed to have extra. He didn’t get a great launch and still motored pass in to turn one. And everyone had trouble drafting him. Just my observation ‍♂️

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seems in large part to him not having enough sense to brake :crackup:

G 97 and Britt like this.
  20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Their contract was re-signed this year and runs till 2025.

Scott S. likes this.