1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

armoured car heist in LA

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Jul 23, 2022.

1. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

There’s been times when I had $4m plus in cars in the trailer and I’m nervous to stop . I can make it from south Florida to chattanooga on 1 clip when I’m feeling edgy . Gatorade bottles are your friend :D

I did concours d elegance with a 12m car , took a co driver I think the truck only stopped 4 times from miami to Monterrey ca getting diesel

Gino230, BigBird, SpeedyTide and 5 others like this.
  2. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

You’d be surprised , those flying j cans are fortresses , forget about beeb Surfing

so I hear

Gino230 likes this.
  3. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

So when they announce over the intercom that "your shower is ready" it means something else?

YamahaRick likes this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Just 2-3 times. :)

That wasn’t what I responded to. You said no reason to stop, I disagree on that long of a drive, there are reasons to stop.

I still think it was an inside job and I still think at least one guy should have stayed with the cargo/truck at all times.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I would think they would run a low profile decoy at the very least.
    Makes you wonder why they didnt use a plane...

jrsamples likes this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I wonder if there were any famous historical pieces in the collection?

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Who buys shit that's hot like that? What a world!

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Gems can be removed, re-cut and re-mounted.
    Watches will most likely have a grey market/black market buyer.

9. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Guys are slipping...

[​IMG]

TurboBlew, shakazulu12 and evakat like this.
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

For 27 minutes?

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hookers n Blow take awhile to go down, I presume.

12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Not being able to look at their logs, I’m speculating, here. But, if the accumulating drive time reaches 8hrs, they’re required by law to take a 30min break.

Definitely an inside job. No one leaves that kind of cargo sitting unattended. Hell. In FL, they’re disconnecting people’s boats from their tow vehicles, moving them over to the thieve’s trucks, and driving away with the boats. Nothing parked is safe.

13. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

One of the news stories stated the guards were armed and the cab & trailer were both armored. Imagine that it was easy to spot and trail from the show. If one or both of the armed guards weren’t in on this, that must have been one lax or complacent culture towards security procedures. Wouldn’t rule out either of the latter, especially if these two had been doing this for years without incident and minimal or adverse managers.

14. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Kaiser Soze! Kaiser Soze!

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Keyser.

I got my ass chewed out by a girl I dated for spelling it wrong. :D

16. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

one things for sure, we like to shoot motherfuckers here…. I’d imagine risking your life for someone else’s money is low on the priority list for their pay.

17. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Yeah, if I walked out and witnessed my employers cargo getting jacked by armed assailants. I'm gunna pop open my Flamin' Hot Cheetos and NOT end up on the news as a casualty. I life aint worth other MF'ers money.

18. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

People have been doing that to our rocknroll tour semis since the 00's. Mainly after they've been emptied and the trucks are squatting while the show goes on.

20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

R1M370 likes this.