1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C8 Corvette Reveal

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Jul 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Yeah, Dodge and Toyota have a similar color. I just call them Mobile Bridgeports...:D:D. Freakin' ugly colors....

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

3. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Yeah, that's why uninsured motorist coverage is so expensive down here........

4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Fuck that was good.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

TurboBlew and trispdtrip like this.
  6. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

The urge is great. Gotta wait a year or two, never buy first year models.
    Buddy of mine just did the museum pickup for his 2022 convertible, drool.... Typically I don't like convertible sports cars. I think they mess up the lines but damn that thing looks awesome with the top up or down.

BigBird likes this.
  7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I still can’t get over the headlights. They went too American with them :crackup: nothing some eyelids won’t fix

8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I used to say the same thing, until I saw one of these.

970138F1-6327-4FBB-AA80-1D9756C306EA.jpeg

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My brother got mad at me when I said that it looks better than a 918 Spyder.

10. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Obviously I have no way of knowing this... and I certainly can't state that there may be a model year 25 version of the C8 that may or may not be a 1000hp hybrid and I can't possibly have knowledge that it could be called the zora.... or that there could be as few as 1400 a year built... I don't even know for certain that I will have more aggressive chassis geometry than any other Corvette C8 or otherwise...

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

C8 Vettes always seem like a good deal until you see what price they are going for. I like the way they look and perform for the 60K car they were supposed to be, but when they are over 100k, they are still fast, but for my eyes the cheese starts to stick out too much and I would rather "downgrade" speedwise to a slower Porsche or Ferrari or Lamborghini.

Yea, I personally prefer the previous version, as the rear end of the 718, doesn't look quite as nice as the previous generation. I feel the same on the 911. For some reason I don't like the taillight/reflector joining all the way across the back of the rear end? But put me in one and I could probably forget about that issue.

That's some interesting "poo" you might have knowledge of.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    cav115 likes this.
  12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Amen. Porsche wants their customers to drive their products EVERY DAY! That's how they build them...to be driven every day, 24/365. I don't think that philosophy is present anywhere in Bowling Green.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What makes a Corvette a car you can't drive every day? I always thought that was one of the things that make them different from Italian supercars.

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

They fall apart

15. fastfreddie

One of my check-offs for a DD is that it should fulfill any need to be called upon to go anywhere, anytime, in any "mildly adverse" weather without unintended drama...a go-to vehicle for any occasion.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Let's be honest. A Pilot Sport Cup 2 is a great tire. When the ground is dry and there is no standing water. The tire is the limiting factor in daily driver for me. Given my choice in the pouring rain I'm not choosing to leave in the beetle.

I am way more comfortable in the truck or the Volvo when the weather is less than great.

Boman Forklift and noles19 like this.
  17. fastfreddie

For me, mildly adverse is two-three inches of snow/slush between tracks on the Interstate. It's a bit much for the 'Vette if I think there won't be any drama. :D

18. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

There's a guy in town with over 100k on his viper..

Nobody knows if ferraris or lambos fell apart at those miles because nobody ever drives them that much

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It's scary how many people don't know that and then find out the hard way. I'm honestly surprised tire companies haven't had a issue with it yet

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Ding...Ding...Ding...

No one knows if any of them would do 200k miles because they barely have that much mileage if you add all the odometers together.