1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expedited Bike Shipping Service - Ohio to California

Discussion in 'General' started by Austin824, Jun 12, 2022.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Rob, you beat me to the punch. Road trips can be fun.

I looked into flying up to BWI and renting a truck. I can't find one for a one way rental. And I can't imagine a 6,000 mile drive (RT Dover to CA).

Want me to meet you in OKC, OK, the approximate halfway point? ;--)

@SpeedWerks Racing is that possible?

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

@SpeedWerks Racing and @Boman Forklift

I’ll throw my hat into the discussion -

I have the equipment and likely the time can be worked out (summer vacation now and I’m done with Summer Drivers Ed til August).

I’d need to paid for time/equipment/ fuel etc. NOTE - Steve - I have an Aprilia RS250 motor that needs built.

Broad strokes idea. I’ll come get the bike at Speedwerks and meet Rob somewhere in the Great Plains or similar.

Any interest from y’all - lemme know - if not, nothing ventured nothing gained.:D

PM for contact info.

YamahaRick likes this.
  3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well @SpeedWerks Racing you have a few options, how bad to you want it?

I'm open to swapping off with someone. In a perfect world, I would make it to Illinois and see my parents and go drag race my motorcycle with my dad. However, if that makes it impossible to meet the delivery window, I had already planned on flying out to go race with my Dad, after my daughter gets married in mid August.

RRP likes this.
  4. Boman Forklift

5. YamahaRick

6. Boman Forklift

The window is quickly closing for me to have enough time to get there and make it back to Laguna. Now if the person is starting from over near Dover that is a different ballgame.

I've driven 1400 miles straight (22ish hours)to Dallas once, but that was when I knew the drive was over in Dallas and it was not easy. On this trip I would imagine roughly 12-14 hour driving days?

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Same here. Gotta know what’s what pretty quickly to handle logistics and details.

8. YamahaRick

Ditto. Though it appears my participation is not required.

@SpeedWerks Racing can you give us an update?

9. Boman Forklift

Who knows? Maybe he got slammed at work, or maybe the “at any cost” deal became a 3k budget deal? I can’t imagine paying what any of us would likely charge, but that is probably a drop in the bucket for the entire project?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  10. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Yea sorry was in at the airport in Philly flip phone style...
    I like the double dip idea, Rob 6K miles on your own is brutal,,,When can you guys grab it?
    Just call or text me, I'm at the shop 30227o2327

11. YamahaRick

@RRP

@Boman Forklift

This is your Project Manager speaking. Has the plan been finalized? All resources identified and available? Timeline, ETA established? NoTell-Motel for handoff/SSS*? (* - sh1t, shave, shower)

Any guesses on the total number of gallons (of gasoline) consumed? What will the carbon footprint of this task be? Offsets purchased?

What will be the total number of pee pee stops, including deadhead return (no cargo)?

Please look into Live Streaming this event. Sponsors may be available. If you can manufacture some drama along the way, the owners of F1, Liberty Media, might want to be involved. Either of you speak English with an accent?

12. periodic

periodic Well-Known Member

I’d get in contact with Omar at Foxhound transport.

Omar +15125499730

Someone from his team transported my r3 to me fairly quickly.

rcmike917 likes this.
  13. Boman Forklift

So I spoke with @SpeedWerks Racing and with the bike owner, Nick Ienatsch.

In a perfect world Nick was hoping to find someone going to the AHRMA race coming up in Laguna Seca from back east, so he could race this bike. It is a 89 FZR600 that @SpeedWerks Racing found, and prepped for him.

Nick said this is really the first bike he will race. that he owns, and will handle everything on, and he is excited to try that.

So do any of you guys know any armha racers coming from back east to the races?

Transport was setup and then that deal fell apart. He can’t spend the ridiculous money it would take for me to drive all the way out there and back, I figured my fuel would be between 3-4K depending on the truck used.

Anyone know anyone going. He will help with fuel for someone making the trip already and may able to help out with someone getting the bike from Dover to said racer that is heading to Laguna.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Holy hell Rob, you’re in charge of waking up the roosters in the morning?

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Early to bed and early to rise. yaddayaddayadda

Shit I thought I was getting an early go at it in Central time zone!

I will be at the first of my 51 stops at sunup, hopefully done before we hit 100°

16. Boman Forklift

Yea didn’t sleep well last night?

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Sun’s been up here for an hour. Shit don’t scoop itself! :Poke:

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Car troubles will do that… ;)

YamahaRick and Boman Forklift like this.
  19. Boman Forklift

Yea I think I’m going to go back out in the garage in a moment.

20. rcmike917

rcmike917 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I may end up using a shipper after all for my KTM, need the bike in AZ from VA by mid August so have some time. So far it's between Motorcycle Shippers and Foxhound. Appreciate the info, cheers.

Mike