1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oldest date of Dunlop slick you would use?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gixxerguy855, Jun 22, 2022.

1. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Thank you.

2. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

A NEW tire from 2019? Run it. I used to be worried about stuff like that. Then I proved it to myself that it didn't matter one bit.

Here's my "oldest tire" story. In Sept 2019, the MA paddock was sold a bunch of 0585 Dunlop rear slicks for Barber because the track was repaved and needed that harder not-normally-raced compound. The 4 I purchased were all from 1118. I ran them there and took them home. I didn't make it back on track until Mar 2021 and ran one. It performed as expected. It wasn't even a matter of "riding within the tire". The thing just worked like any used tire and it was great for a freshly paved Chuckwalla. Because it performed so well, I sold 2 to a B-group friend when he was finally ready for slicks in early 2022. He's since used them at many Socal tracks, including a slick AF kart track down here. No issues for him either.

3. bruceiam

bruceiam Well-Known Member

Tomorrow

4. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

When Dunlop switched full time to production in the USA and UK slicks were 'finally' unavailable,, Kcraget was mind fucked.
    At the last USGPRU event he won, he had me mount up 4 year old 'used' UK slicks for the race,,as opposed to stickers from Buffalo.
    Options were a or b and the tires were great,,, It's all in your head and racing is mental.

TurboBlew and G 97 like this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

I will say the first year of the Buffalo tires they were a little suspect at times. They eventually got better to the point of being very good.

stickboy274 likes this.