1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

True, somewhere in this thread I saw someone go on a Challenger tangent and I lost sight of the actual goal. I think the CTS-V is widely regarded as one of the best handling sedans ever made, so I change my vote to that if actually fitting people in vs having a parcel shelf that looks like a rear seat (Camaro etc) is the goal.

gixer1100 likes this.
  2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Ah, copy. I lost track a little after the E60/E61 over exactly what years the changeovers happened. A buddy of mine let me put a few miles on his F90 M5 Competition and the motor and chassis were everything I expected (fantastic), but the transmission was just so much better that it was the standout. The F10s were awesome, but I agree that the 18+ are another level.

Then again, I still want the E61 M5 that we never got in the US. Europe gets all the cool wagons.

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Slight tangent: a neighbor has a BMW 750i (?) he wants to sell. He has two other cars and has lost interest in this one. Ex-military, and is on the road 100%. I told him the ATL market would be stronger for this car than where we are now. I may assist with him selling.

If I do this, I'd want to have a known BMW resource give it a once over to verify its condition. I would make that report available for review by interested buyers. Can anyone suggest a resource in the Cobb/Cherokee area (or close by) for this task?

4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Not a 4, but …

Attached Files:

BigBird likes this.
  5. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

E63 AMG Wagon

IF you're going to be a bitch and not take your balls back from your wife and buy the Z06. Just saying.

R1Racer99 and YamahaRick like this.
  6. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

First an automatic, now 4 doors, he's going to settle for a burnt orange Forrester.

SuddenBraking and rd400racer like this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fixed.

renegade17, BigBird and ChemGuy like this.
  8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm always gun shy on German shit, even though I currently own a Mercedes. My wife bought the model below this, the C43AMG and we have had zero problems. It is 4 years old and she has burned through a couple sets of tires, about to need the 3rd set and 1.5 sets of brakes so far.

I always have loved the look of the CLS63 AMG. The bodystyle I like, is now pretty cheap even with lower miles. like 15-25K range, I'm just too afraid of the unreliability possibility. I know they have a problem with head bolts breaking.

Most BMW's have issues too, if they have been around long enough for people to figure them out. Quite common are rod bearing issues on many of the engines and vanos issues.

9. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

What year?

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

is that your CT5-V Blackwing?

[​IMG]

11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I have no idea. Spoke to his roommate about it. Once I learn more, I'll update you.

I have no idea on its mechanical condition.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  12. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

More than a z06

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

2 more doors are expensive, and also new.

14. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Gino230 likes this.
  16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I have a spare plush cushioned toilet seat for him when he buys an automatic 4 door sedan. My wife sits when she pees too. :D

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Oh Shit. Shots fired. Shots fired. We need back up over here. Dont send Uvalde PD....

[​IMG]

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  18. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Even used ones are going for crazy money

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I just read a buyer's guide on those a few days ago that just came out. Looks like they are easy to add power to as well:
    https://www.thedrive.com/guides-and-gear/2013-2016-bmw-m5s-are-dangerously-cheap-right-now

Jed and BigBird like this.
  20. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

How 'bout the Panamera Sport Turismo wagon. Love them thangs!

Panamera Wagon.jpg

BigBird likes this.