1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 NHL Hockey Season

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Dec 4, 2020.

1. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Avs in 6, Tampa's good but the rest the Avs have had will show in the next couple of games. Hockey should end no later than May realistically April, same with basketball. All the pro seasons have gotten way too long.

SundaySocial likes this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Too much hockey? Too long a season?

Shut your whore mouth! :beer:

3. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Tampa in 6. Game 1 was gifted to the Avs by a soft goal, and an even softer call resulting in the 5-on-3.

4. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Avalanche in 5. Tampa looked like the best college team playing the worst NHL team.

5. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Bolts in 6 , Vasy let em win that one for sure . Rebound control was off (he's usually soaking all that stuff up like a sponge), he was off , let in a softie or 2 . Coop will make a few adjustments (good coaches do that ), they are bringing a hell of a lot of speed for sure , left wing lock time ? Or heavy for check ? Pointe needs another game to settle in as well .

6. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Avs are laying on a royal beat down...

prm likes this.
  7. casjoker

Yeah, that was ugly for sure. Not sure there is much hope for Tampa but they do find ways to fight back.

8. Sabre699

Absolute pounding by the Avs.
    Tampa better rest up.

9. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

:eek: they should have yanked Vasi after the 4th goal .

10. prm

prm Well-Known Member

The Avs still haven't got Mackinnon scoring and are playing without their #3 scorer Kadri. Sounds like they may get him back. They have room to improve, but game 2 was a clinic.

11. Sabre699

Vas looked dazed and confused with the night's events.

12. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

They might just sweep this one. Going no longer than 5 if Tampa can get over that mind fuck they just suffered.

13. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Not going to be a blowout series like many thought. Vas looked more like himself last night.

chobes likes this.
  14. Sabre699

Lightning settled in and played their game.
    Vas did look comfortable in the cage.

chobes likes this.
  15. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Tough call for coaching staff to keep a player like Point out, but if he's not 100% or close to it, he hurts more than he helps. Also throws off rhythm team had established without him in the lineup. Hope Kuch is OK.

16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

How many of these guys are playing with injuries?! LOL I know the story oh so well. Banged up from a digger racing motorcycles and banged up from hockey injury. Manage the pain and keep moving.

17. casjoker

Yeah, it's crazy the list of injuries, many requiring surgery you hear about after the season is done. Tampa looked like Tampa, still sticking with AVs in 5.

18. prm

prm Well-Known Member

A little surprised CO pulled that one out after the way they played in the 1st. They were very sluggish. I think that comeback showed some grit that will serve them well going back home for game 5.

19. Sabre699

Lightning with their back to the wall.

20. Sabre699

Bolts pulled off a vital win in hostile territory last night.
    Back home Sunday to try to even it up at 3 each.

Scuba Steve likes this.