1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

I also just bought the skip shift eliminator for my Challenger this month after 10 years of ownership. It's the one you attach onto the transmission. I have no idea why I waited so long!

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

We can always make fun of him.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

There were rumours of Honda bringing back the S2000 (or whatever they call the latest iteration of their convertible rwd coupe) for 2024. That should be a very interesting car that will keep good value.

4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

When will c8's cone back down to reality?

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

The way the economy is going....about 3 weeks.

Gino230, tony 340, R1M370 and 4 others like this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

I beg to differ.

Car people are car people. A lot of money now and buyers are paying handsomely. Sports cars are becoming better assets and much less of liability, almost in the same way housing is supposed to work. And, especially with all the appliances that will eventually come out.

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

At least with the sports car you get some enjoyment out of the financial fucking your getting.

Rebel635, chobes, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  8. ChemGuy

So Bird and Motion LLP has an official position that sports cars are a store of wealth and value?

You do know the fed is saying they expect to raise rates to 3% by the end of the year (~double what it is now) and half the people involved think it will go to 3.375%....money is going to get much more expensive. People will buy less stuff as dollar bills arent flying around like a rapper convention at Scores. So prices on "toys" will come down.

Anyone know how to naked short the "Sports Car market"? If not, who here will sell me their C"x" vette with the promise that I will provide a materially similar replacement 1 year from now?

:D:D:D

BigBird likes this.
  9. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

I don't see C8's coming down much it any.
    I bought a C7 Z and love it. Exhaust, intake, cam = happy happy happy!!!
    Went for a little drive in the N GA mtns this morning, what a blast.

gixer1100 and BigBird like this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

A80 Supras going for $250K is pretty insane, so I have some data :D

11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I bought the dangle thing, originally offered by Muzzys, but now marketed by Michigan Motorsports and someone else for $2 more - you get three zipties for that two bucks and black heat shrink instead of the blue on the Michigan product. Otherwise they look identical.
    Neither will eliminate the "1-4" dash light notification, none of them will. If it works (haven't installed it yet), I'll know when I hit 2nd and the dash tells me I'm in skip mode. It supposedly throws no codes or CELs.

Hit that stupid skip shift again today... :rolleyes: I guess I gotta ramp up backwards to get to the connector on the transaxle...after things cool down.

12. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Talk to me about this cam? Where from? Who installed? Power gain?

Just bought a brand new Akra. Axel back for 1/2 retail!. Can't wait!

BigBird likes this.
  13. ChemGuy

Quit pussy footing around and just put a blower on it. Then when your wife is complaining about the money you spent you can drown out her whine with blower whine.

Her - I cant believe how much money you spend on this old front engine technology, we could use...
    You - mash gas peddle...what's that dear? I cant her you over this sweet blower whine. Dont worry. The kids can go to a votech school. I need meth injection now.

:D

gixer1100 and BigBird like this.
  14. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

It's already blown.

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

@ChemGuy is old school, if it doesn't have a 8-71 blower sticking out of the hood, he isn't interested.

You car is the Orange C7, is that right? If so, at some point I saw a picture of it on here and really liked it.

ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  16. ChemGuy

[​IMG]

Also...[​IMG]

17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

As interest rates go back up, car prices will come back to reality.

Gotta remember, 90% of this country is living for their next payment.....they don't actually OWN anything.

18. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

We've been busy AF during covid. Only explanation is nobody could go on vacations, which are hella expensive, so they used the money on cars. And sure enough now that covid restrictions are gone, we are super slow like we used to be in the summer pre-covid. So car prices might chill out.
    As for C8's, even with its absurd pricing used its still cheaper then a comparable looking Ferrari 430 or Lambo Gallardo or McLaren [whatever number because they all look the same] plus people aren't afraid to work on them. So it probably won't come down much.

BigBird likes this.
  19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I doubt that.
    Which 90% are you talking about?

969 likes this.
  20. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

The 90% that isn't on the wera bbs

969 and BigBird like this.