1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lengua, beef tongue. You eat this? Tell me about it.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 12, 2022.

1. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Had some tongue in a few tacos last time I was in San Diego. It was really good. I didn't know it was tongue until after I ate it all.

tempestm, sanee and Steeltoe like this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I've had boudin and it's fkn disgusting. Not the same thing but I've drawn my line in the sand.

The way they're raving about this stuff I guess I need to try it.

YamRZ350 likes this.
  3. red2002

red2002 Member

Woman goes up to the meat counter in a store and asks the clerk, "what's that ugly thing you have in the case?"

The clerk replies, "that's a beef tongue."

The woman says, "ugh. That's disgusting. I don't want anything that's been in a cow's mouth. Gimme a dozen eggs, instead."

Chain likes this.
  4. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Very good, more beefy flavor than traditional cuts. Tough as there is no fat in the tongue, best sliced this, this is why its common in tacos. This white dude approves, in twist Im the one to introduce it to my Nigerian wife.

Steeltoe and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  5. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

It's the only way my GF makes tacos in our house.

Steeltoe and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  6. elevenn7

elevenn7 Well-Known Member

Growing up on a dairy farm and being around hundreds of cows - that would be a hard NO.

7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Who the F looks at a cows tongue and its like "yup, Im gonna eat it" is messed up.

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Y'all gonna just let this softball float out there and not smack it out of the park?

Y'all slippin.

9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

How about eel, squid, or raw fish? Yummy!

Then again, there is a culture that likes ... (nah, I better not).

10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Every culture before your soft ass came around. :)

Steeltoe and zx6rfool like this.
  11. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Do you eat ham? If so, what about a pigs ass makes you lick your chops and want to eat it..IJS...

12. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Actually, no. I'm like 1-2 steps away from no meat. I like well done steak and burgers.

13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

You are not entitled to an opinion based on this post.:Poke:
    Once you cook tongue and peel the skin off, it is just another cut of beef. Treat it appropriately for its toughness and enjoy. We used to eat it as a kid since it was one of the cheaper cuts of beef. Now I think it has gone up substantially in price since it is trendy.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, if you don't eat meat cooked properly of course you won't like it. Well done kills it. May as well do only veggies.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tongue is good. Messican style is yummy but so are some Euro methods. Step mom cooked it in a red sauce that was great.

16. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I've had it in tacos, it was just meh to me. But I'll try most anything once.

My family on both sides traces back to deep Georgia and Arkansas. I've eaten every kind of animal you can think of. Some I like, some i don't. A favorite of mine is bbq raccoon, caught in the country, not the trash pandas.