1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric Bikes?????

Discussion in 'General' started by Chris Smith, Jun 9, 2022.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

great unrelated product market prediction... boomer :)

How many hours have you put on a Stark Varg?
    Oh noes not an Amish insult...lol.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If you go the China the streets are full up with electric scooters. Yeah, quite a few less than legal reasons why in addition to their being cheap to buy and “own.”

3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Haven't tried an E street bike yet, but my dad's electric bicycle is awesome. Hell, I havent even been in an electric car yet, but am considering buying one in the next ten years.

4. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

5. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Member

im ok with cars, but I do not want E bike racing for those same reasons.. the sound and smell...

R1Racer99 likes this.
  6. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind renting one for a vacation but doubt I'd own one now.

Maybe down the road

The real problem with owning gassers in 40 years is gonna be service and parts.

7. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Loads of kids hauling arse around here on Super73's etc. They'll have no problem transitioning to electric dirt bikes.

ts199 likes this.
  8. tito

tito Well-Known Member

any chance on a company making a conversion kit? I would love to yank out the engine on my 95 F3 and put an electric motor in it. I think it would make for a fun around town bike.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I might consider a hybrid.

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

They make alot more sense, all electric isn't practical for alot of people but a hybrid will work.

I know enough about batteries to know I don't want one when it's 20 below.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  11. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I’ll never ride an e motorcycle but I’m looking at the mountain bikes, they seem like a lot of fun for the money.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

On a MC, 20 below is totally irrelevant. My ass is NOT going to be testing the range.

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Mine either. I thought we'd drifted into talking about cars too. Cause threads always stay on topic here... :D

14. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

hahaha I’m a lot younger than that bud

The torque is unreal and the power delivery is so smooth. They will still be tuning maps and TC and everything else. I think people should ride one before they judge. They may not be ready yet but the day is coming.

just like how people hated 4 strokes now there faster. Just like how people hated battery power tools. Now everyone uses electric impact on there log notes etc…. Change is challenging and good for you. But hey I’m still young so maybe when I’m older I’ll be in the “get off my lawn” “ all new music sucks” mode more

15. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

The comparison to electric motorcycles and E-bikes is just silly. If your E-bike runs out of juice... it's still a bicycle...

Dirt bikes, trials bikes, even road race bikes are all pretty applicable to going electric, heck almost anything closed course is too. But not a street bike used for more than commuting. I just don't see it. Not in the next decade, Not with 400 miles range (with the 8 hour pause). I wonder if Ewan and Charlies diesel tow truck with the massive generator is available as a chase vehicle?

In the next decade, take your electric motorcycle on long ride. Without your cell phone. Because until the charging can be done remote or off-grid, it never will apply.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    evakat likes this.
  16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

An electric Duc would have plenty of range to get to Starschmucks and back.

Cooter! likes this.
  17. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Maybe the mtbs are different, but I’ve ridden a few e-road bikes that are higher end and have disliked every last one of them. The assistance is pretty mild and idk….it just feels like a lot of extra weight for not a lot of extra help I guess.

A local shop here rents out commutery e-bikes that can handle light off-road. Those are a blast, but they come with a twist throttle and you don’t have to pedal at all.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Pshhhh... Who does that?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  19. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

How long would the battery last in an endurance race? Lol

20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Swap bikes at the pit stop. That bike charges while the other one runs. Managing power use becomes part of the race. Carrying corner speed becomes huge. They are not ready for that now, but could easily be in 10 years.