1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another California

Discussion in 'General' started by ToofPic, Apr 30, 2022.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

IMG_20220530_155723224.jpg

Straight outta Cumming Ga. With two old ass dogs and one fat ass owner!!

2. 23103a

23103a Well-Known Member

We weren't lying about the meth addicts. :D

You're pretty close to Thunderhill, if you ride track. Get to it before it's 108 degrees everyday for the next 3 months.. I'm down in SR and have to drive over 29 to get there, not as much fun with a trailer.

ToofPic likes this.
  3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

that’s when it’s best to ride! Use to do Vegas in the middle of summer. Track was fucking empty on all the afternoon runs. Preload water a few days before, eat a banana and pop an advil in the morning to keep your blood from thickening and hydrate/electrolyte throughout the day and you’re stylin

ToofPic likes this.
  4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Welcome! :beer: :moon:

ToofPic likes this.
  5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Nice trucks. Glad to see they have sit-in bunks, so you can lay down when you’re delayed or need to grab a nap.

I regularly ran out there and the only thing of value about CA trucking I can offer is to sit in the right lane at 50-55mph and let the idiots fight out in the other lanes. You’ll notice the fuel trucks, container trucks, and many of the other local drivers doing the same thing. At some point, you’ll all hit a backup and be looking at one another. The speeding, constant lanes changes, slamming on the brakes, stressing, etc, just aren’t worth it, as you never get ahead in traffic.

ToofPic likes this.
  6. ToofPic

That's the plan! I just want to get some track days in, and do some racing before it's too hot !
    Thank you everyone for the welcome

long path/road likes this.
  7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

It probably only runs to 108 at Thunderhill a few times a year. Red Bluff averages a little over 96 for the month of July (hottest month) and Red Bluff will consistently be about 3 or 4 degrees warmer than THill. As long as it's under 100 it's totally manageable dry heat. Many, many summer days are around 90.
    I do remember a race back in 2008 when it was 111. We got Red Flagged mid-race and they stopped a bunch of us pooled up at the top of T5. After about 3 minutes sitting on hot and radiating bikes, all the riders core temps were climbing dangerously, and they realized the safety issue was all of us sitting out there and they brought us in.

ToofPic likes this.
  8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

When I drove for a limo service in Boston I learned to get in the right lane and stay there, 9 times out of 10 it works out for you and you don't need to worry about fighting your way over to take an exit. Much less stress and fewer chances for fender benders also.

long path/road, ducnut and ToofPic like this.
  9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Thunderhill is cool, so is Sonoma. The Californians will warn you about the surface at Sonoma and compare it to a motocross track, but it's a billiard table compared to most tracks in the midwest.

swetngblts and ToofPic like this.
  10. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

Plenty of Laguna Seca 105Db track days this year so that might be of interest to you.

ToofPic likes this.
  11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

It makes such a huge difference. My 1299 is over 90 with stock exhaust, even if I short shift. Even at 105 I need to breathe it past the booth but it's better.

jd41 likes this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You probably know, Dustin Coyner from Trackdaz posted a business card on Facebook of a guy up there that makes inserts to slightly quiet your exhaust and also direct it away from the sound booth to the riders left.

jd41 likes this.
  13. ToofPic

So what are the race orgs for my area? I'm sure it's been posted,but my brain is mush. Also do they recognize my wera license or do I need to start over?
    Probably gonna shit can the old r6 as it doesn't seem there's any vintage out here and focus on the 2015 gsxr 1k.
    Any suggestions?

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

AFM. They should recognize your WERA license no problem.

ToofPic likes this.
  15. ToofPic

Thank you sir !

16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

He made one for my friend’s R6. Did a really nice job. I’m not sure there’s any hope for the 1299 though. It’s just damn loud and doesn’t seem to care about being quieted down.

cpettit and Boman Forklift like this.
  17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

What do you expect. It’s Italian. They all do that.

JBraun, socalrider and long path/road like this.
  18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Not sure on the dates, but for the first time in over 20 years, you can race Laguna Seca with two different clubs AFM or CRA (new club started by Dustin Coyner).

ToofPic and jd41 like this.
  19. swetngblts

swetngblts Well-Known Member

AHRMA as well as MA too.

20. ToofPic

I got some really cool pics from winery deliveries last week, I just need to resize them.
    The drive to Santa Barbara is breaking us,so we started car pooling. Hopefully moving into our own house this weekend right on the lake.
    One way or another I'm finished staying with the gfs fuck head son in law.
    Daughter isn't bad but her husband is a complete Cunt!!
    Not what I expected when invited to stay until we got our own place.
    Fucking pot head elitists prick!!!
    If I invited you to stay with me,I would never act like this douche!
    If any of you ever in Clearlake look me up,hope have a lake house by this weekend and a spare room