1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

m4 with dtc

Gino230 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  3. ow01

ow01 Well-Known Member

I saw a Porsche 959 on the weekend. That looked pretty cool. Get one of those.

motion likes this.
  4. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

$60k would buy you wheels and tires for a 959

Senna likes this.
  5. sdg

sdg *

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

F80 M3
    F82 M4
    RS3
    Audi TT RS

7. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

BRZ/GT86 with body kit, big brakes, wheel swap and an LS aluminum block swap.

8. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Nothing new under the sun. Bang for the buck answer will always be Corvette unless you're considering something like a Miata/Boxster/Cayman. The Vette is just the biggest, most comfy daily of those by quite a margin unless you're talking c4 corvettes.

Mustangs and Camaros are great, but unless you need/want the backseat, the dedicated platform and suspension design of the Vette makes it an easy choice. And if you really did want a backseat and were entertaining expensive Mustangs and Camaros you should be looking at BMW M2s.

So if 2 seater is Ok: Vette, Jag F type, Mercedes SL?, Supra, Nissan Z, Cayman, Boxster, Miata
    if you need a backseat for something: M3, M2, Camaro, Mustang, GR86

thrak410 likes this.
  9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Panigale!!!!

pro69ss and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I've never seen a vette out on the road with anything but overweight women or 60yr old dudes with gold chains driving them

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Fraley can buy one then...he qualifies as an over weight woman. :D

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Drove a couple or corvettes the last month or three because I thought I wanted a corvette and they are cheap (except for new) and they were cool for a few minutes here or there but for more than an hour or two I’d rather a Miata, golf r or a tt.

the only corvette that I really liked was a new 2022 but I wasn’t paying $10k over or just getting on a list and not having my firm price or a delivery date.

Hate mustangs. Not sports cars and don’t feel like harvesting rhubarb.

13. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

2 boss 302's. One for you and one for wife. Good to buy American this days :)

14. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I went through the same thing for a couple years and ended up with a C6 Z06. 3,100 lbs., 500 rwhp, 6 speed manual, and none of the new nanny bullshit electronics. The interior is shitty but otherwise I love it. Also it’s a preference thing but I don’t like the look of the C7 or C8, the back of the car looks shitty to me. To each their own.

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm hankering for a 430 Scud. If anyone wants my 993 C4 Cab, I have a little cash to kick in.

16. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I've been driving this 7spd Corvette around the country the last 6 days. In Roanoke for the night and headed up the 81 tomorrow. If you see me, flip me the bird and I'll respond with the same.

Attached Files:

GM GIXXER likes this.
  17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Dodge Charger ScatPack Widebody.
    392 Hemi/485hp(?)...no gas guzzler tax.
    Starting at $52K.

DucatiBomber and Wingnut like this.
  18. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Brother bought this. . .

IMG_8677.JPG

Got rid of it for this. . .

65818243371__948C4054-9303-4BA6-8584-FF456906EB56.jpg

In all fairness. . .after spending the winter using it as a daily, he came to the conclusion it doesn't have a the same utility as the M3 so he just bought this. . .

67216706157__D36FB758-F77B-4CF9-B51A-0D86601A2E9B.jpg

I'm personally a German super/hyper sedan fan myself but he said he'll never get rid of the Lotus and buying a truck to make up for it's short comings was worth it. . .:D

IMG_8703.jpg

The ladies took the Z06
    IMG_8700.jpg

I've personally been a passenger with the German doing 130 plus on the autobahn (with winter tires) . . .while calmly having a conversation with me; I assure you, she was doing triple digits in this picture. . .

IMG_8706 (2).JPG

19. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

If I didn’t go with the Corvette, it would have been an E92 M3 Comp or AMG C63. Every time I see those cars come up for sale at the same price I paid, I kind of wish I bought one instead, but having a faster car makes me feel better even though it’s just a Chevy.

Wingnut likes this.
  20. pro69ss

pro69ss Well-Known Member

Smiles per mile . Vette C7/8 or GTI !

Wingnut and BigBird like this.