1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica at V.I.R.

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., May 13, 2022.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be a good look for Ducati to have him leave especially with rumors of bike issues and not being able to get it to work out there like that article said. Although leaving because he doesn't feel it's safe would be the best way I suppose..

2. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

I find it strange that Elias nor Barbera ever really made complaints about things not being safe, and both have raced in the world stage.

3. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Elias might have not said anything publicly however he's been "liking" all the comments and replying to some of the negative comments about MA on Petrux's post.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do you have anyone in mind who was taken opposite sides depending on the rider? We are not shy about naming names here. :D
    It's too easy to make a generalization when in reality it could be completely separate people on each side.

5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

So, what are your take aways from the MA VIR weekend?
    Mine are:
    Robbie Floyd just sucks and I wish I didn't have to listen to him. I watch on MA live with the sound off most of the time, but I miss hearing what Roger has to say.

Josh Hayes is the man~!!! I hope he runs the rest of the season as I believe he could win the title. I think Herrin could beat him occasionally, but Hayes has way better racecraft and would be able to pressure him into making enough mistakes.

Josh Herrin is a dick with his whining pettiness. His half-assed apology on Sunday forgot to use words like apology and sorry in it.

How come both of the HSBK/Warhorse Ducati riders appear to be whinney princesses when things don't go their way? Herrin makes a dick move on Lochoff and then runs himself off the track and blames Hayes. Petrux crashes himself and then blames MA for poor cornerworking.
    I wonder if the management structure encourages/permits this?

I liked the racing in STK1000, Twins, JR cup and SBK. Gillim, May, Escalante and a bunch of others looked good.

Ty Scott has more potential than I have seen from a young rider in a long time.

How could Mazziota miss the sighting lap both days and have to start from the back, twice? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

6. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

What Mongo said.

7. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

I agree to a point, however...

After Rd Atlanta, MA put out a statement explaining the power outage at the TV truck, with a timeline and everything. Yet people are still parroting the "5 minutes stuck on the grid made 1 out of 23 motorcycles overheat" thing...so I don't know how much it will help.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What should they do? Announce he’s going to undergo concussion protocol since he can’t tell time?

BigBird, Nathey, MyWayGuy and 4 others like this.
  9. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

That could very well be true, and a mistake on my part. I havent, and wont, go back and look for specific names to compare posts on SDK vs Petrucci. Maybe an over-generalization on my part. :beer:

HPPT likes this.
  10. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Seems to be a thing with the Ducati riders...

5 minutes on the grid = 70 seconds,
    2 minutes on the ground = 30 seconds,
    "It was good seeing him as far back as he was" = .032 seconds.

Nathey, Sudowoodo, Senna and 3 others like this.
  11. 418

418 Expert #59

Yet oddly Elias or the other Euros didn't go on social media and drag MA thru the mud like Petrux has done on two separate occasions already.

I think there's some things that Baz wasn't too happy about last year with the way things were but he didn't cause a international incident like ol primadonna has over here.

Dragginass likes this.
  12. BC

BC Well-Known Member

It sucks he got hurt but saying MS moved over on him is bullshit.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
    lonewrench likes this.
  13. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

IN FRONT OF WHAT>>?? Someone bitching about Something..jeezus it isn't world class soccer.

15. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

no, there is not. the flagger is in the raised tower on the inside of the kink. cw would have to run across a hot track to have attended to DP, there are cw way down in T1 that would have been on his side of the track, and have been much closer.

Sudowoodo and 418 like this.
  16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

A little information at the time would have been great instead of standing in front of the podium with everyone else wondering if dude was ok, dead, what happened, pretty much any info would have been useful.

Really not asking to move mountains here.:rolleyes:

17. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

With regard to Danilo racing in MA this year...

• He HAD to have known the tracks and conditions he was signing up for. If I'm in his position and mulling over the offer, first thing I do is homework - I call Toni, Hector, and Loris and have a long chat. Then I watch video's of the tracks. Based on that I weigh risk vs reward - money vs risk (assuming he thinks things are "riskier" on American "rustic" tracks as the linked article put it.) I assume he'd have done the same for doing the Dakar.
    • In addition to not holding back with the famed Italian flare for the dramatic - he's added Warhorse to the MA rants according to that link as well - team not building a bike that doesn't overheat, loses engine braking, etc... Not a good look and usually reserved for those who've already decided that burning that bridge isn't a concern.
    • He's a loveable guy - passionate, and easy to cheer for so I hope he stays but man, he has to lay off the social media, accept he's a grown ass man who made this decision to come and race, and get on with the job he's paid to do.

badmoon692008, G 97, BigBird and 5 others like this.
  18. BC

BC Well-Known Member

He got up and walked to the care center. It was covered during the broadcast

Britt likes this.
  19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Well he had no issues letting the World Know he was OK and Marked Safe from VIR...on IG and Twitter.

418 and Dragginass like this.
  20. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Petrucci came here expecting to win every race. I suppose every Racer thinks that to some extent, but I don't think Petruxx is handling his losses very well. If he leaves because of this crash, it's because his butt hurts from losing, not from crashing.

rcarson15, JJJerry, BigBird and 5 others like this.