1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Predator 3500 peeps

Discussion in 'General' started by DBConz, May 22, 2022.

1. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

Finally picked one up. What are you guys doing to these things?

I’m seeing complaints of the magnetic dip sticks have a loose magnetic tip and can be an issue.

I’m considering a magnetic drain plug. Seems they’re M10 x 1.25 and 15mm. Found one on bike master and wasn’t sure if I’m better off with this one than the crap I see on Amazon and eBay.

Are you guys using ethanol free 87, or just whatever you get at local gas stations?

already ordered a battery tender connector for the battery to keep it charged when not used.

Just ran a load test with my trailer. Looks like my 13k BTU AC, mini fridge, TV, and shop lights in the trailer, with CapIt tire warmers generated 2450w - 2475w. That should be good as these are rated for 3000w continuous.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I would suggest an extended run kit if you dont want to keep adding fuel all weekend.

3. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

Just run it. Ethanol free is your friend. Battery start is nice, but mine has been 1 pull from 1st start. You can pair them with other generators, had it next to my Honda eu2000, the HF was quieter at full pull.

4. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

I’ve been looking at them. Got a source to a kit?

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

https://www.pinellaspowerproducts.com/

Ive gotten 2 kits from him. Quality stuff... just took a lil over 2 hours to install. You can run it either way, local or remote, once installed.

Then get a boat tank of your desired size

6. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

7. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Always run non oxy gas.

8. rwdfun

rwdfun

Had mine for 2 years now. I’ve always run pump 87. No battery tender. I do leave the oil door off as it pulls a vac on the case and supposedly runs rich/bad. Heard you need to clean the spark arrestor screen on the exhaust every so often. Done that once. Need to do it this year yet. I did “break it in” by cycling a few loads on and off over an hour or so. Then let it cool and did that again a few times. Then changed the oil. That’s probably over kill but made me feel better.

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

A really important thing to remember. That little red thing in the gas strainer is the top fuel level. Don't go over that. The vent for the tank leads to a charcoal canister, and from there it goes into the air box. Once you overflow the tank, the canister holds that fuel and prevents the tank from venting. Your generator will cut off unless you unhook the canister, or leave the cap loose. If you get the extended run kit, it changes all of that.

I run any type of cheap gas in mine. It doesn't care. I've got near 2000 hours in the last year. Mine runs from the time I leave my home, until I find power again. I just got back from a 21 day trip, I had power 6 of those days.

10. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

thanks man. i'll see you at Roebling in July with CCS :beer:

stickboy274 likes this.
  11. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Their are DIY on YT for that ;)

DBConz likes this.
  12. CRA_Fizzer

I have the file to print a door with louvers in it.

13. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

you have a file that shows you how to drill holes in a plastic door? Wild.

14. CRA_Fizzer

Well aren't you a smartass.

nlzmo400r likes this.
  15. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried the 9500? I have been interested in one but curious how loud it is compared to the 3500

16. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

He has good reviews. You could compare with other reviews of the 3500 on YT

Lawdog78 likes this.
  17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I do, but very little time on it. Received a %20 off coupon and was able to use it while Predictors were on sale.

18. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I was right up next to one yesterday at my sons Little League game where a food truck was running the new 9500.

I couldnt tell any difference between it and my 3500. Normal conversations right up next to it no problem, and when it's out of line-of-sight you barely know something's running.

Lawdog78 likes this.
  19. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

The 3500 at my buddies deer camp that sees probably 96hrs EVERY weekend non stop has been very very good. Will be at 2000 hrs pretty soon. Fresh oil each weekend. I'll probably adjust valve lash soon as I haven't touched that yet.

Delete the normal shit on youtube from day 1.

Change oil regularly.

Run fuel cleaner every few months.

Carry spare voltage regulator with you..... we couldn't even keep the motor running when it went bad...motor started doing all kinds of weird shit.

20. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

The tiny wheels kinda suck on anything but polished concrete. What big wheel kits have ya'll tried or liked?