1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering an F250 6.7L Diesel - order new

Discussion in 'General' started by JTRC51, May 17, 2022.

1. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

I understand there's an upto 6 month wait but seriously considering getting one new given the outrageous used prices, and I can build to my spec.

Wondering if anyone has anyone has done this? How long was the wait? And was the process painful?

Anybody, know someone that works at Ford and can share a friend's and family discount? :)

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

great truck.. got a 2020 couple yrs ago off the dealer lot for $79800 OTD, platinum edition (talked em down from $85k. had written offer from another dealership but that truck had already been sold i found out when i got there, but still used the written offer to talk other dealer down :) ). Buddy went to same dealership 2 months later to get the other platinum and they had jacked it up to $90k OTD . Financing or cash. Awesome truck regardless. 21mpg daily driving (mostly highway). just about to roll 50k miles. zero issues. Betting i could get close to what i paid for it today..

Once a Wanker.. and JTRC51 like this.
  3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

How the fuck are you getting such good mileage?

mine showing 14-15 daily whether I’m hard on it or easy in it.

2016 with 170k

4. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

the 2016’s get shit fuel mileage, the 2017’s and up do a lot better. My 2016 was exactly the same, 15 daily and regen all the fucking time. I miss the comfort of that truck but to hell with that fuel hog.

5. JTRC51

@MELK-MAN
    They are an investment right now for sure. Lol.

I may see if I can find one new on the lot locally but that's not looking likely. My current build sheet is at $83k. I'm afraid all dealers will charge the extra "adjustment fees" so perhaps ordering and waiting may be a good option.

Liking the King Ranch but also the Lariet Sport with the right options is super nice.

MELK-MAN and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Any idea what’s different? Is it in a tune or were there changes?

I mean it’s not like I can upgrade since whatever I sell this for I can’t replace.

7. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

They can't charge any additional fees if the truck is "sold" when you order it. Other than that MSRP is the best you can really hope for right now. The Ram/Cummins is a very good truck too so don't rule it out if you are still shopping.

cav115 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

You missed the deadline for this year's models.
    Due to high demand, the current model year is no longer available for retail order. Limited inventory may be available at selected dealers. Contact your dealer for more information.

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

10. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

With the price of diesel now I'd rather buy a 7.3 gas truck and put a Whipple supercharger on it.

11. JTRC51

It won't sound as good. But I thought the same.

12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Buy a ram with cummins.

cav115 likes this.
  13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

If it means getting a 350 to get a larger fuel tank aka range. Do it. You won’t regret it except when you are at the pump. But you’ll be there less often too.

It’s really nice if you tow. I went from 35 to 50 gallons from my 2011 to my 2017. Love it.

14. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

With 1450 HP and 1030 LB/FT will the sound ever even catch up to you? :crackup:

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yep...about 15 miles later when the tank runs dry. :D

pickled egg likes this.
  16. sdg

sdg *

The 6.7 deleted is awesome. I would hope they have sorted out that new transmission by now.

Know a 450 that got a new one with low miles. But 450 so you know it pulled heavy...

Nice truck btw

17. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

You misspelled Cummins 2500 in your description...

18. JTRC51

I think the Cummins is a fantastic motor, it's the rest of the truck that sucks!. Lol

Ford 6.7 is just a reliable and powerful engine, not as powerful as Cummins, but the Ford has better suspension, interior, exterior, just all around a better truck IMO.

A F250/350 with Cummins and Allison would be sooo badass

G2G and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  19. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

Not as powerful? I’m a Cummins guy but those 17+ strokes’ haul some serious ass. Way faster IMO

20. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

You can’t order a new superduty till 2023.