1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celebrities that are or were avid motorcyclists

Discussion in 'General' started by 2blueYam, May 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Lyle Lovitt has been a long time, serious motorcycle enthusiast, dirt, street, and track. I believe I've seen a picture of Julia Roberts on the back of one of his bikes.

Good articles on him:

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/lovett-story/

https://motorbikewriter.com/lyle-lovett-motorcycle-rider/
    From this article:
    "Lyle opened a motorcycle shop in Houston called Cycle Shack back in 1999 selling BMW, Aprilia, Cagiva, Triumph and Yamaha.
    “I’ve been involved with motorcycles my whole life,” he says in an interview with the American airlines magazine, “American Way”.
    “I ride off-road mainly, and I ride KTMs. I’ve never done the Baja 1000, but from 1995-2001 I would go down a couple of times a year and ride the course.
    “The ride is pretty reasonable if you go down with people who know the area.”
    He also has a wide collection of road bikes as diverse as sportsbikes and cruisers."

Wingnut likes this.
  2. ronin1052

ronin1052 Well-Known Member

Jewel (avid in ADV scene).

Lauren Hutton (famously crashed her BMW riding w/ Dennis Hopper & Malcolm Forbes around 25 yrs ago, IIRC).

Hunter S. Thompson (wrote a classic story/review of his experience aboard a Ducati 900SS).

Elvis (The King - ‘nuff said).

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

<Britt> "Challenge accepted". :D

Britt likes this.
  4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Tanya Tucker
    Ann Richards, former governor of TX
    Lee Marvin

5. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Most of us were introduced to Jessi Combs as a TV personality before we learned she was a real avid fabricator/mechanic/rider.

Attached Files:

6. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

To emend Johnny B's quote: He also rode a bronze head Rudge on an episode of 'Then Came Bronson'.

"Don't Trudge it, Rudge it!"

Not to mention Hell's Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs wherein he rode a BSA 650 twin. Extracts later published in Look magazine!

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  7. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

And nobody has mentioned Steve McQueen yet. When I was in law school at UCLA, I used to run into him at Indian Dunes fairly often, middle of the day, middle of the week when I was cutting some class or other LOL. He had the first early release Honda Elsinore I ever saw, so probably Spring 1973.

My dad rode a lot in LA during WWII, and mentioned Keenan Wynn as being an accomplished dirt rider, and Clark Gable as more a street rider.

R1Racer99 and YamahaRick like this.
  8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Post #1. ;)

9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

ronin1052, Wingnut, RRP and 1 other person like this.
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Shit...totally forgot about old Michael Parks.

[​IMG]

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I love how he said they wouldn’t give him the real bike 916 I believe might have been the 888 still but he sure wrote the hell out of everything. Johnny Depp playing him in Fear and Lothing and the Rim Diaries are spectacular too.

12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

finally the answer of how he got Julia Roberts… not his incredible voice or music talent… it was the bikes… chicks love the bikes :D

13. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

CR750 and Sabre699 like this.
  14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Roy Orbison.

15. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

It was a 900 SS. Read the article

stk0308 and Wingnut like this.
  16. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Almost three pages and nobody mentioned that Mike Pence rides a Harley.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And @27 said they wouldn’t give Thompson the actual Ducati superbike, be it the 916 or 888 at the time of the ride.

27 likes this.
  18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Lyle Lovett's monkey.

hqdefault (2).jpg

19. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

upload_2022-5-16_5-16-54.jpeg I keed…….I keed:D

20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I know the article, and will read it again… now you read it and see where he talks about them giving him the lowly 900ss to test instead of the current Superbike… like I said… ;)

any Hunter S Thompson reading is time well spent…