1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do they even bother

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, May 10, 2022.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

dude…
    Street racing scene and now you on a v max(full range 100miles, reserve at 80) this is funny to me…

would be funnier if I knew what your accent sounded like from your French or boarding school or south Philly accent

I can see RG and his boys trying to figure wtf you said, while being proper and courteous of course, not knowing what kind of sleeper games you were playing with your fast “stock” bikes :D

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

VMAX.JPG

27 likes this.
  3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

http://milburn.us/index.htm

this topic keeps coming up and they did it already, over a century ago… quick change battery stations multi use platforms, well represented in areas of demand. 100 mile range and over 30mph… all of these specs 100 years ago!

look who used them and where and think about who actually decides the changes in direction of business and tech

someone very in the know and high ranking in the world auto market told me 20 years ago that they can only build what they’ll allow them too… I didn’t get it then… I think I’m starting to understand more and more now.

4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

oh I believed you! You’re the African import version of a buddy of mine this week… he was a v max street racing spectator turned stock streetbike fast but he always got the good FZR1000s…. He damn sure couldn’t ride, unless you count wheelies… those he could ride…

how was your mullet back then?! :crackup:We’re you rocking some jerrycurl into a sweet mullet with a members only jacket, some Jordan’s, and oakley blades like blade runner style?!? :crackup::D:p

5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

figured you’d have been an eliminater guy with all your ZXs… the Kawi Elims were cool!

JBall likes this.
  6. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

No not at all I didn't even watch the video...don't have too. Born L.A. & raised in the SGV..lol
    Lived in Studio City for 20 years.. I totally know the mindset of people there and the new gen of youngsters, desperate to be visually / socially acknowledged.
    I'm So outta L.A. it's not the city...it's the self absorbed people and culture top to bottom. It was crowded when I lived there..now it's downright horrible. Drove out to Covina last Sat..took me 2.25 hrs just from Palm Desert, then 49 minutes just to cross Covina to a friend's house.
    It literally took me 30 minutes to go 5 blocks.. IN COVINA TOO...fucking shitshow...now

I kinda am very "observationally/ aesthetically astute"...it's my job it's what I do...lol
    Joking aside...It looks like a practical machine & glad to see Harley trying to do something in a changing " urban" market
    The range deal ..IMO is NOT a good marketing move....
    That's simply...not enough for me..practicality wise...
    But in L.A. or other congested Urban environments sure why not....

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

V-Max were the only cool cruiser to me. I had been dreaming of one since I first saw one in a magazine in high school. I had absolutely zero interest in any other. The first time I saw one after owning it that I found even a little attractive, it was a V-Rod, when they were first released.

27 likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

I can’t get over the price point. Completely insane.

9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

There is a cool racing doc that has put lots of us back together. He and his doc buddies bought enough of West Covina to bulldoze and build a hospital/surgery centers/ office suites for all their star athletes(meaning all the nba mlb nfl and ball and stick guys on their walls) to park their motorcoaches at the attached RV park and outpatient surgery area. I had the RV taken out and then we flew in, got surgery and they wheeled me right out to my own RV in the perfect LA weather in the middle
    of winter. Just a few years earlier and they freaked out because we were walking around in the area after a surgery… man that place has changed fast and I don’t even live there… hell I couldn’t even find a Spanish speaking taco truck anywhere… vatos yelling at me to go back to east LA and shit! ;)

10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

For the Vmax or Vrod? :D

G 97 likes this.