1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike guys? Indoor trainer what one.

Discussion in 'General' started by hrc_nick_11, Jan 18, 2011.

1. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Just grabbed a Elite Suito 2 , $625 from Biketiresdirect , i got a casstte sitting around and just hooked it up . Gotta figure out what program to run.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I have a Kickr paired to an Apple TV. Works well.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  3. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

I have a Wahoo Kickr core, and the same cassette on my wheel and trainer. Switching from trainer to outside riding is a breeze. Highly recommend.

I've been on Zwift for a few years and find it's great for motivation if you're the competitive type.

StaccatoFan and t11ravis like this.
  4. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

I've recently started zwift training, it's pretty freaking amazing. Any option you want for riding around, training plans, group rides, mtb, and all sorts of races races (TT, road race, crit). I'm using the Tacx NEO bike as my wife and I both ride. Any of the good smart trainers are solid options. Its amazing the little things like programming any cassette you want into the neo bike, the road feel (when riding over cobbles or bridges, you can feel it in the peddles), etc. Get one and enjoy

t11ravis likes this.
  5. onepusher

onepusher Socially Inappropriate

I have used a Tacx Neo in the past but ran into a few fitment issues with a bike setup. Moved to the Wahoo Kicker V5 and I find it better than the Tacx but that just my personal option. As far as the software I have used Tacx, Zwift, FulGaz and now Wahoo has their own software. Have a look on Bike Radar for a full review of the different systems and trainers.

6. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Tacx neo 2 it’s awesome. My garmin watch gives me recommended workouts based on my training load and body battery. The watch controls the trainer.

7. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

What is a 'training load, and body battery?'

I'm new to this all...

8. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Fyi, Yahoo has a sale on factory refurbished non-current model trainers and their watch, starting today, through 12/12/21, or until out of stock. I bought a non-current Kickr, for $699.99.

https://www.wahoofitness.com/devices

t11ravis likes this.
  9. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

I was just about to post that wahoo kickr sale but you beat me to it…

I love mine!

10. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

It basically tells you if you’re over training. The watch measures your heart rate and takes HRV heart rate variability measurements. Depending on the lack of hrv it knows if your autotomic me puse system is operating in sympathetic or para sympathetic mode. Basically if you’re recovering or not.

11. onepusher

274241671_10159332711961487_7542032750676839800_n.jpg 274276395_10159337586916487_101302990368564048_n.jpg Here is my current indoor cycling setup. Wahoo Kicker, Gaming Computer, 2 LG 55" TV's and a router so I can connect with either cable.

rice r0cket likes this.
  12. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Damn, S-WORKS Venge for the trainer.

I bought a Stages SB20 during the zwift mega sale this year. $1700 delivered, no maintenance and wear and tear on my bikes was worth the price alone.

13. onepusher

14. onepusher

How is the Stages SB20 working for you? Connectivity with the cycling apps? I was thinking of getting a trainer bike before I went with my current setup. I either use Zwift or FulGaz at the moment.

15. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Good so far, connectivity seems to be spot on. I just running Zwift on a 10-inch Android tablet, I've dabbled in some video training sessions too which is sometimes good for variety, and I'll record on the Stages phone app. My only complaint really is ERG mode can bounce around sometimes, but once I'm settled in, it seems to as well. I tend to tinker w/ my bikes, so having this separate with nothing to break on it has allowed for me to not have an excuse not to ride. It's been pretty good as a fit bike too, with infinite adjustability you can tweak your position to your hearts content.

I had a Kurt Kinetic rock 'n roll before this, and got fed up w/ inconsistencies between the cassette spacing on the wheels I had (my fault), it just never shifted well and I never felt good about putting wear on the drivetrain like that for some reason.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    onepusher likes this.