1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LED light therapy for pain, gimmick or it actually works?

Discussion in 'General' started by L8RSK8R, Apr 15, 2022.

1. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Anyone here had pain management sessions with these gizmos?

https://www.celluma.com/collections/pain

Seems like snake oil @ $945.00 for an array of LED's, seems f'n ridiculous to me.

My sister wants me to purchase and send to Ireland to hopefully treat my dads cancer pain.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Can you buy him a bag of pot in Ireland?

It works if he thinks it works. Tried one once and it didn’t do shit for me but the dude who has it swore by it.

L8RSK8R likes this.
  3. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

I use an infrared sauna that has light therapy built into it. There are at least a dozen colors. You can let it toggle through all the colors or set it on one.

It's hard for me to distinguish what benefits I get from the lights and what benefits I get from the sauna itself but I know my experience is much different depending on what light color I choose.

L8RSK8R likes this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

or edibles. So many options for delivery... especially medical grade

L8RSK8R likes this.
  5. L8RSK8R

6. L8RSK8R

These are great for me. Sleep 8 to 14 hours...takes about 4 hours to fully kickin'.
    I weighed 14,000 lbs and fuck off into lala land.
    Threw out ma back about 3 weeks ago, trying to make it to the bathroom (12 feet away)

I couldn't stand/walk right after a 12 hour

7. Dom17

Dom17 Well-Known Member

Studies have shown they are effective at treating some types of pain and or chronic injuries.

Cancer pain is a different animal however. I'm not entirely confident it will help especially depending on the type of cancer and where the pain is coming from.

I don't know the specifics of your situation but if your dad is suffering, something like this won't hurt. Especially if it is something he wants. The placebo effect is powerful.

8. L8RSK8R

I appreciate that.

9. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the same but I use Low level Laser therapy on our athletes…….different results from person to person…..google it.

L8RSK8R and 27 like this.
  10. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

I've been in the light therapy industry for 30 years -- including the manufacturing of light devices for cosmetic use. There are many spectrums that can help heal wounds and aid in cosmetic enhancement (including weight loss)..... but there isn't any light spectrum that can specifically help with pain management very well. Near/mid/far infrared sauna can help a bit with arthritis and joint pain, but that little celluma device is garbage - don't waste your money.

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I actually tried a hand held device a few days ago and it actually made it hurt more. I get this with ultrasound too, if they leave it in one place too long it’ll feel hot and start burning.

I don’t think we have even a remote grasp on the effects of the broad range of wave frequencies through the spectrum on what it will or won’t do.

Tell us more @G.Rand ... is there a chart of uses for different wavelengths and frequencies?

One of the most painful bone healing devices I used over the years was magnetics. This was way before bone stimulators were common. I went to sleep with some big powerful magnets in a wrap with attracting polarities traveling through my arm for a Rad/Ulna break and woke up in agonizing pain. It lasted about 30 min after I took them off too. They worked, back racing in 3 weeks, sure hurt like hell.

I think Tesla’s work would be huge medically if applied, just like him shaking the shit out of Samuel Clemons/Mark Twain :D

motion likes this.
  12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Kirian, well wishes to you and your family and hope this helps...

My papaw needed a 5 way heart bypass, was in horrible shape.... I’ll never forget the look on the heart surgeons face when he came to talk to the family... he had to tell us that he’d never seen anything like it but when they opened his chest for the heart surgery, his entire organ cavity was completely full of cancer tumors, full of black tumors everywhere... he was stable so they did the surgery(probably to get paid regardless) he did fine and got his 5 bypasses... then he started cancer treatments. He lost weight, which he needed to, and his hair turned gray, he was 81, then turned black again after... he lived on never had an issue with cancer and died of old age year and years later... he never had a negative thought about it, that was key.

My other grandpa had a return of melanoma... he said he was done and was dead in 2 weeks... I was upset with him, although I had no right to be. I offered to take him and grandma anywhere in the world for anything since he decided not to treat it, which was his choice... but he just laid there and died... pulled away from everyone and died in solitude.

Anyway... positivity... I’ve had many elders kick cancers ass and positivity is always the common denominator.

Good luck and love them while you can.

Senna, motion and L8RSK8R like this.
  13. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

It’s legit. You just have to be sure of the specs of the led in the device. They have to be within a certain range to have the proper effects so cheapo lights being marketed don’t cut mustard. Be like Tom cruise, do your research.

L8RSK8R likes this.
  14. L8RSK8R

KIMG0069.JPG Twenty Seven, my Da's no quitter...ya know that.
    H's been in the Royal Hospital, Belfast for two weeks now. Shared a room with a man...heart attack, didn't make it.
    New room mate had a heart attack and also didn't make it :/
    That must be frightening to be 82 years auld, watching two men die beside ya...with in week.
    After having heart surgery yourself.
    Hugh Patrick Ward is a fine man, my father and he will never complain or give a fuck about negative cuntz.

Radio officer in Merchant Martine's 18 year auld. Morse code nuttah :)

I take that back, he complains about the food ;)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

The Beeb never disappoints.

16. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

light spectrum graph.jpg skin graph.jpg

iagsxr likes this.
  17. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

@27: I've posted a couple of pic files above. The file on the left illustrates the light spectrum colors and definition -- the file on the right shows the depth of penetration in the skin layer of different spectrums. You can see by the color of the light spectrum how effective that particular range of light is at the depth of penetrating the skin by the output/dose rate of an LED source.. If your pain is a result of an inflammation/irritation of a nerve below the subcutaneous layer, most light spectrums generated by an LED source won't be able to penetrate deeply enough to help the issue.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
  18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Wow! Very informative thank you!

You only work in the light spectrum I’m assuming?

Or do you work on ultrasound ones too?

So your machines and the ultrasound ones have adjustable wavelengths and frequencies depending on what you’re trying to reach?

Have they used X or Gamma rays in limited exposure to test for benefits without damages I’d assume?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

19. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

@27: Re-reading your question -- I don't have a list at hand of specific uses of spectrums, but I can tell you what they are generally used for:

UVC: 0- 280nm: used for sterilization of air/water systems
    UV light (from 280-400nm): skin tanning
    405-420nm: Blue light used to treat acne
    630-640nm: Red light, used for cosmetic skin rejuvenation
    700-900nm: Infrared (heat): used to keep your burger warm at the diner, saunas, skin rejuvenation

Handy tidbit: I wiped out one of my knees pretty good in a streetbike incident. Slid on my knees at about 60mph in jeans and took skin off down to the bone. It took months to heal, got infected, eventually contracted MERSA and was 1 day away from amputation. I used a lot of antibiotics and red light to rejuvenate the skin - my knee looks like new today. I'd post pics, but I'm not sure if the beeb allows bloody gore to be posted.

27 likes this.
  20. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

@27: I used to manufacture tanning systems late in the 90's..... today, I'm running a tanning / cosmetic light therapy center in Los Angeles. I have different machines for different desires. If you want to take a look, you can view my business and its varied devices by going to uvasun dot com.

I no longer manufacture sunbeds -- and never worked in the ultrasound side of the industry. I can't answer your X or Gamma ray question - never worked with that either.

27 likes this.