1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North American Talent Cup

Discussion in 'General' started by Red Fox Racing, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Many times I have tried to talk parents out of playing one sport consistently all year long. I always encouraged Golf and Swimming to my players over the years (especially the girls because Golf scholarships are very easy for them to get.) So many kids burned out or had injuries that would never heal properly because they never gave it proper attention and time. My last group, all the girls were high honor roll and dual-sport varsity players. They all received scholarships from smaller schools (which I encouraged) because none of them wanted to try to play beyond university.

You don't have to kill yourself to be a good player and playing on a high-priced team with no chemistry or internal leadership and a bad coach won't do you any favors.

G 97 likes this.
  2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Keep your eye on Matt Chapin. He beat Gus Rodio in a Stock 100 MiniGP race last year. About the only other person that shows up at NJMINIGP that can beat Gus is Paasch.

henry_carlson and assjuice cyrus like this.
  3. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

yeah, would like to get the Vegas date nailed down. Probably Sept 17-18? That's only date currently listed on schedule.

FastByKids likes this.
  4. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

That would put the round out of order. There is a big almost three month gap on the West Schedule. Possible they are waiting for the track to confirm?

Although we won't be in the series, kids have marked some rounds they want to attend. This could be a big win for WERA (especially on the West Coast usually lightly attended) to get more kids in other grids! I think the Superstock E/D and Clubman going to be really interesting. Hell, that might be were the real races are! (Only having fun, don't need people coming in to flame)

I see some Right of the Mississippi vs Left of the Mississippi battles going on. Past few years the left coast has had their way. This is exactly what Road Racing needs!

exracer941 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That TBA Vegas is not goig to happen.

6. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

7. FastByKids

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Or maybe there are over 2,000 prospective riders between the US, Canada and Mexico looking for a chance to gain some valuable sponsorship and experience.

Nah. You must be right. :rolleyes:

StaccatoFan likes this.
  9. FastByKids

^
    2000 applicants willing to spend $20k for one season? Seeing how sparse the MotoA minicup grid was...(And getting smaller every year) Was a simple study in deductive reasoning. Who knows, possibly I'm wrong...

10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

After exhaustive research, by which I mean I clicked on their Facebook page, 2000 applicants seems a trifle optimistic. They have 119 likes on Facebook. I hope the program is a huge success, but I suspect the 2000 figure was a bit of hyperbole on the part of the team in the linked news release.

11. FastByKids

Updated schedule officially released. Appears WERA lost a couple rounds.

Round 1 Circuit of the Americas / April 8-10th / MotoGP
    Round 2 High Planes Raceway / May 7th-8th / MRA
    Round 3 Ridge Motorsport Park / June 24th-26th / MotoAmerica
    Round 4 Roebling Road / July 15th-17th / WERA
    Round 5 Pittsburg (PIRC) / August 12th-14th / WERA
    Round 6 Road Atlanta / September 2nd-4th / WERA
    Round 7 Barber Motorsports / September 23rd-25th / MotoAmerica

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, had Vegas cancelled on us and never got a viable Buttonwillow date. Sucks but normal scheduling stuff.

13. exracer941

So I'm hearing that the bikes will be waiting for the riders at COTA. No testing , no break in. Seems like a big ask for the first race on such a big stage.

Suzuka_joe likes this.
  14. FastByKids

Yea, I'm hearing some grumblings.

But at the end of the day EVERYONE is dealing with the same issues.

exracer941 likes this.
  15. exracer941

Very true. Gonna have to make sure all the kids have their mental game at 100%. Will be lots of ups and downs.

FastByKids likes this.
  16. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

There's some kids that have been testing. They already brought one at the first rumor of this happening. Wishing all the kids goid luck. New bike, probably new track for most, and probably the biggest stage they have been on, being part of motogp show,very cool. Hope all kids and family enjoy the experience.

exracer941 likes this.
  17. FastByKids

To my knowledge (I’ve been out of the loop) there is one that I personally know of. However his dad has been Mr. Ohvale and invested heavily into the program long ago. I’m pretty sure he had the first Ohvale in the nation before my bald headed friend of the evil empire commercialized them in the US.

Can’t wait to see how all this plays out.

exracer941 likes this.
  18. FastByKids

Round 1 at COTA this weekend!

My prediction is you will see a battle between Logan M/ Alex / Jayden.

[​IMG]

19. FastByKids

History!
    Exciting times for Youth Racing in America.

Bittersweet because Team Miller would of been in there. Like really in there...

[​IMG]

Nathey likes this.
  20. FastByKids

Reading comments in the other threads about Americans lack of results over the weekend. Yet, many of you are still unaware of the great strides being made to get American talent back on level with the Europeans. If the mini racing, and Talent Cup formats continue to gain steam I'm sure in 6-8 years you will start seeing some of these names standing on world podiums!

The NATC races are still available on YouTube however the links can't be posted to this board.

The first round was filled with electrical / transmission gremlins for a few teams, and hopefully Aprilia /Oh-vale gets these issues sorted quickly.

Congratulations to the competitors and race winners!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

News - Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News

henry_carlson, Nathey and 27 like this.