1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Race 2 | Mandalika | Indonesia | March 18-20

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 14, 2022.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Olive oil redeemed himself from Qatar. It looks like most teams made progress with the exception of Honda. Don’t know what o think about them for the rest of the year. Only two races in but it doesn’t look promising.

Senna likes this.
  2. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I thought I was ready to watch live also .. that rain delay did me in . I fell back asleep and watched it later .

Yzasserina likes this.
  3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Video seemed normal for me.

4. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Apparently Fast Binder’s ride height device was stuck in drag mode the entire race. At the start, the camera had focused on him looking at the rear of his bike like something was wrong. Pretty awesome work by him and he stuffed his brother pretty hard to nab a few more places lol.

Marc’s crash was just brutal. I’m waiting to see what happens at COTA but the combo of Michelin’s new tire and a bike he’s not familiar with was devastating this weekend.

Hopefully team America can move up a few spots in Moto2. Pretty anonymous race and weekend from the home team.

5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Shortened race due to pavement issues? Cmon man and we thought COTA was bad lol.

I bet Honda are pissed with not even being in the top 10. Hope Marquez is ok but I love seeing the evil empire locked out. So far this is a great season with the podiums being so mixed up.

stk0308 likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was Lorenzo-rookie-year quality! :eek:
    The man was determined. I hope he has some left for Thailand at the end of the season.

Corey Bain and Yzasserina like this.
  7. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Someone at MotoGP took a play out of the Moto America Live+ playbook with the race footage they uploaded to the website. Holy fuck that was like watching a race after chasing a 30 pack of PBR with a handle of Jack

jd41 likes this.
  8. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

I liked the track and field warmup on NBC lol... that last 2 laps with the Binder bros pack and Aleix :eek: What expensive paint for curbs? polygon and martin with crazy swaps there... and that bagnia front end save was amazing.

henry_carlson likes this.
  9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Dovi and Rossi score the same number of points for the 2nd race 2022 season.

Season so far- Vinales only 2 pts ahead of dovi who is only 2 pts ahead of Rossi
    Rossi is only 1 point behind Bagnaia

Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
    BigBird, ShadowBoxer and pickled egg like this.
  10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

MM93 should retire.

KneeDragger_c69 and 27 like this.
  11. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

He is but his body and his brain are still arguing over it

12. Nic

Nic Well-Known Member

Sort of like he hit his head one too many times. I don't think he was ever going to make that turn. Overly committed kamikaze turn attack.

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

watching the race now....and that high side was absolutely wrong on so many levels for the human body.

14. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Its sad because after tossing 2 bikes in Q1 where does the race doc come in?!?!? If the team was looking at his inputs are they reasonable. I just can't wrap my head around the bike being something that's trying to kill you in every turn. Maybe it is...but he should be given a red card for own good.

RS250Ape, BigBird and SuddenBraking like this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Much like the Undefeated Dolphins pop champagne when their record holds, Rossi is probably like I still have more.

Given how mixed up the podiums have been though MM93 still has a chance....if he was to switch manufacturers

16. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

You know it's a bad one when it shows up on the ABC morning show as a sports highlight. Lucky the bike didn't land on him.

L8RSK8R, TurboBlew, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yeah as a motocross rider:rolleyes:o_O

18. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Pol said as much. New bike, old tire. Unfortunately for Marq, his balls to the wall no fear attitude wasn’t going to work at that venue on those Michelins.

19. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

Kenny Roberts Jr. once said he used to watch John Hopkins come back to the pits with lose teeth after crashing so much on the old Suzuki. MM seems to be missing that same part of his brain that balances trusting the machine VS life preserving safety.

SBKBee likes this.
  20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you mean short term memory?? :)

RS250Ape likes this.