1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 MA Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

To make a DOT approved product the tire company must follow industry processes with the correct materials, sizing, sidewall markings etc. Then they torture test them on the drum with extra load at speed, etc. then finally road test them and if that specification passes the tire is DOT approved. The results are recorded as required by the tire associations (North American & European) that most if not all of the "good" tire companies belong to, and you're good to go and can release it to the public.

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

And to clarify AMA Pro was Harley 883s, Supersport 600s, and 750 Superstock all requiring DOTs. And of course, the 200 was a big bike race until the bikes got too fast for the tires.

G 97 likes this.
  3. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

The code name for the blowers when called for by race control is Monica. You can easily figure out where that came from.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Holy shit, how the hell have you been?

5. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

So...did anyone else here get to experience today's MA credentials line/monsoon.

ungwaha likes this.
  6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Im positive Daytona has their own drier/blower if not 2. The facility maintenance garages are behind Nascar 2.

7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Dude, a ghost !

I mean, fuck us, right ?!

8. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Unfortunately yes!

9. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

10. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

[​IMG]

11. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Lookit that lazy fuck on the scooter.

12. Johnny B

The last I knew, NASCAR required each track to have 1 jet drier for each quarter mile of track at an event. NHMS is slightly over a mile, so they have to have five available. Tracks in a region will pool their resources to satisfy this requirement. NHMS has 2-3 jet driers, I believe. Pocono will send some of theirs up to us for our Cup race and we will reciprocate by sending ours down to them when they have a cup race. Pocono will need at least ten driers for their events, so most likely other tracks in addition to Loudon will send theirs.

stk0308 likes this.
  13. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

It looks like there were only 2 windows open?

14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Screw the line for passes look at how bad the Parts Unlimited banner looks, those people in Janesville might get mad

15. Johnny B

One window only open when I first got there, second one soon after. After a while the third one opened but they didn't raise it all the way, so people thought it was still closed.

16. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

The MA ladies at the windows were super-nice and working as fast as possible. It's the unprepared credential-wanters that didn't do their homework who were fucking up the flow.

ungwaha, TX Joose and exracer941 like this.
  17. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

1225C0B5-C40C-4DFB-A8F2-2DDFA5A75E3B.gif

Trainwreck likes this.
  18. Johnny B

Windy AF

19. zx250r

zx250r Well-Known Member

When would they announce postponement, morning of, night before...seconds before?

20. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

You had me at lookit!? Some Patrice O Neal shit there

lopitt85 likes this.