1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nassau Vacation

Discussion in 'General' started by SteveThompson, Feb 25, 2022.

1. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

We are going to the Bahamas in a few weeks for our daughter's last high school Spring Break. We have an AirBnB rented on the water in Nassau. We also have a car rented. We have one day planned on a boat and we should be able to snorkel right off the deck of the house.

Is there anything else we should plan on doing? This trip has been pretty low key since we thought it might not happen.

Has anyone dealt with the covid requirements recently? I made an account to apply for a Bahamas travel visa. I know a test is required. It's a bit confusing otherwise.

Thanks for any help!

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Abandon the trip at all cost...Grenada is going to invade.

long path/road and SteveThompson like this.
  3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Headed there 3/28 with the kids. I've done zero research...

BigBird likes this.
  4. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Glad I'm not alone.

5. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Get as much insurance on the rental car as possible. I think there is some sort of ordinance that dictates all vehicles must have at least three dented fenders.
    I often refer to Nassau as the Myrtle Beach of the Caribbean but it's still a lot of fun. From what I know about you, Steve, I'm betting you have a good plan already. You could stop by the Omega AD for laughs!
    Hopefully Captain Morgan will chime in; he probably knows more than most about that area.

6. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

In December 2012 we had to have a negative Covid PCR test within 48 hours of entering the Bahamas and we were asked to show vaccine cards at Customs upon entry. Once we were there more than 5 (?) days we had to be re-tested with a quick test and test negative (or quarantine).

This was on Exuma.

long path/road likes this.
  7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

8. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

Damn, 2012?!? They really were wanting to keep the 'rona out!!

BigBird likes this.
  9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I live in the Bahamas, Nassau currently, pm me if you have questions. Back in fll for a week with boat issues but will be back soon

BigBird likes this.
  10. Captain Morgan

If it's not to late check out staniel cay or harbor island

11. Captain Morgan

Got a friend that does exumas day trips if you want

12. racesbikes

Awwwsheeet....2021.

13. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Drink too much Carib or Kalik or whatever is down there

14. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Drink errythang but the toilet wattah

15. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

We went to Atlantis a few months ago. Took a Covid test 3 days or less to departure… did the same at the hotel 3 days before leaving. Had no issues and we aren’t vaxed

Some of Nassau was closed still like the shops area and they are Nazis with masks when you are inside of buildings. Every time we exited the building on return they took your temperature

16. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

Timely thread as I was just informed that we are going to Exumas for a week in May... A buddy will have his 65' boat there with his wife and kid for a month and they want some company.

I have zero knowledge of the area, so any tips are appreciated.

17. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

My wife got us in touch with a local who worked for their version of DSS. Some state employees volunteered to show tourists around the city. The lady we spent the day with took us off the beaten path. She even took us to the cemetery where Anna Nicole Smith was buried. Weird but interesting. We got to meet her former Miss Universe contestant granddaughter and cousin Orlando, who I still buy Cuban Cohibas from!

18. racesbikes

The day trip to swim with the pigs is a lot of fun and pretty much a “must do” activity.

19. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Same here last year…the Exumas have got to be the most beautiful place on planet earth imo! Wow!

20. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

If you go to swim with the pigs(I'm assuming at Big Major Spot) then definitely go snorkel Thunderball Grotto, just around the corner by Staniel Cay, very worthwhile! Also the Staniel Cay yacht club is a cool place to grab a drink and a bite.