1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arai pricing

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, Feb 5, 2022.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

That's Bruce Anstey. Pretty sure he gets his free of charge.

Yzasserina likes this.
  2. 392

392 Well-Known Member

cool story.

3. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/motogp/2019/june/top-riders-forced-to-use-rival-helmet-brands/

https://www.rideapart.com/features/410085/fim-helmet-safety-standards-certification-superior/

4. worldrider

worldrider Sophisticated Hillbilly

Darn it!!!! ... just my luck . . .
    I guess I'll be returning the X14 that i just bought last night!

5. :stupid:

At the end of the day, when it comes to helmets, fitment means just as much as anything. Many people wear helmets that are one size too big, or they just don’t fit properly. I was one of those people till Van showed me exactly how a helmet is supposed to fit.

I’ve worn Arai, Bell, and SHOEI. Personally, I like Bell the best. They fit my head better and I think they have the best ventilation of any of them.

Is Arai worth twice as much? IMO, not a chance in hell.

TurboBlew, Big T, Senna and 1 other person like this.
  6. Oh, and when I first saw this thread, my initial thought was “Anal will probably cost a little more”.

:D

Nick_OMC likes this.
  7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

At racing speeds my Bell feels more secure on my head than my Arai Corsair V. Especially if I turn my head and the winds hits the helmet. The Bell doesn't move at all. The Arai sort of feels like it wants to twist but doesn't. Both helmets fit very snug. I learned helmet shapes and proper helmet fitment from the Arai guy at Daytona a looong time ago. Time well spent getting educated about that.

TurboBlew and Gorilla George like this.
  8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Exactly.
    But I've bought my last one at these prices. At least I can replace the internals, repaint, probably even replace the date strap if needed. Doesn't make much sense getting a new helmet anyway because the wife throws them out of the house when she gets mad about anything.

10. youngR

youngR Well-Known Member

Big fan of Arai since they fit my head the best. Tried AGVs and just doesnt work.

I ordered directly from Japan Arai X Hayden (New) and it was only $500 ish...I was skeptical at first but it arrived. This was few years ago like in 2020. I am not sure if they still ship it to USA.

11. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

My AGV Corsa fits me like a custom made glove!!!
    But I noticed the higher end AGV helmets are definitely creeping up in price too!

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Shark was the best helmet for my oval head, then they stopped making my model :\

13. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

And to add more another point, so ( insert favorite brand here ) shows $1000 + msrp for a helmet(s) in a catalog, does anyone on the planet actually pay RETAIL ?

14. jim3

jim3 New Member

John Ulrich may be able to jump in here. If I remember correctly, Chris Ulrich used to wear Shoei. I believe he crashed and had the effects from a concussion for approximately a year. I believe Chris switched to Arai.

I think the helmet issue, at the time, was that some helmets transferred too much energy to your brain during a crash…

15. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I don't believe that's true on the X14...but I only had one for a day or two fitting it. The little silver winglets break off, but there are features are molded into the shell and create a force concentration point.

16. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Their entire rear spoiler can break away in a fall...

UAMKSSS34OKJUMRRMFNVLARL6Y.jpg

rice r0cket likes this.
  17. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

That's a good visual, thanks.

18. AFC

AFC Well-Known Member

Here's an interesting Jonathan Rea video with Arai. (currently wearing a shoei, have had hjc - cheap, fogged, ok helmet, bell - heavier, large shell, arai - may go back to arai with the rear wing, too much lift without for me)

19. It’s worth twice as much when they have a shape that fits my egg head. To me money isn’t the favor, fit is.

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Personally to me yes the Arai is worth the extra money. I trust them, Shoei, Bell and the newer HJC stuff. Obviously I don't think the others are necessarily dangerous in any way or they'd be illegal ratings be damned but what I'm willing to trust my head to is those I listed.

As many others have said, fit is HUGE. Properly fit also won't necessarily be the most comfy when you put it on.

Yama-saurus likes this.