1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Zoran, it used to be $400 in nickels. They don't do that anymore, you get a check. Scotty, there is a cash prize (I think $500, at Loudon for winning the race. But there is also a better purse for winning the "Index of Effluency". This is awarded to the car that has the least business being on a race track but does relevantly well in the race. Amanda Tulley won it for entering her father's 1937 Buick, powered by a 500 C.I. motor out of a Caddy Eldorado at NJMP last year. Couple with her win at Loudon, she became only the second team owner (First was Speedycop, duh!) to win a race and the IOE in the same season.)
    There is a hardcore group in the mix that are out there to race. But a majority out there are there for the fun, hoping to finish. They make interesting backmarkers and can be counted on to make boneheaded mistakes.
    New for this year will be a cash prize for the team with the best costumes/theme.

3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

as I think about it more and more it seems really fun and could easily be turned into a marketing activation type of venture to cover the costs at least... I just thought it was a real race... with a different approach and mindset I can understand now how even though it’s not a full on race... that it is an event to make great memories and lifelong friendships... just like real racing...

4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

@Johnny B... did you see the Elvis Stitch?!?

there has to be a sequined leisure suit just sitting in a vintage shop in New England that will sparkle up your costume even more...

5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I saw that. I'll probably have to watch the movie to get the gist of the character.

@TWF2 My resume. They finally got a patch for the workers. I've been the Starter every event shown.

[​IMG]

27, Yzasserina and ToofPic like this.
  6. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I really wanted to do Loudon but did not play.

7. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

You can always do one and see if you like it. You don't need your own car. Teams are looking for drivers all the time, you just pay your share of cost and do it.
    That is how I did all the ones on east coast and south, I did not tow my car there.

27 likes this.
  9. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

He looks like a semi human doodle pad.

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Did you just assume zhits gender??? :mad:

Sabre699 and Yzasserina like this.
  12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I grew up at short tracks, started driving late models when I was 14... it was all I knew and I enjoyed making cars work more than the driving. Going in circles didn’t do it for me... I had a ride but quit at 16, shame, some of the locals made it to the cup series...

Didn’t really consider how building cars and setting them up prepared me for superbikes at least when they were mostly mechanical still.

I can drive and not crash, I’ve always been the team owner so thanks for suggesting finding a ride... those simple solutions escape me sometimes.

13. Shawn A.

Shawn A. Well-Known Member

No need for a fuel pump on that hog. Gravity feed should be fine!

sharkattack and ToofPic like this.
  14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’ve never been able to watch many Disney and or animated shows... just search for “stitch sings Elvis” it’s hilarious... he’s like the little Martian blowing shit up all the time too so it’s not horrible

Sweet collection! Great memories I’m sure!

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Who said men can't decorate??

Ax shelf.jpg A wrench knife.jpg

A sink.jpg

ToofPic, Banditracer and auminer like this.
  16. Sabre699

17. Sabre699

More yet...

A gun lamp.jpg

A jack daniels dispenser.jpg

A john deere fridge.jpg

18. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Does that include the trailer ?

asking for a friend ...:cool::timeforabeer::cool::cool: