1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stark Future electric dirtbike.

Discussion in 'General' started by YZROOSTINYA, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Werd. And I get the hate for these bikes, or any innovation for that matter (eg. Rekluse clutches back in the day, Tesla today).

I'm not buying the bike on account of fuzzy bunny love, but rather, the child labour involved in procuring all that precious lithium despite evil corporate denial.

If there's any reason not to buy the bike, for me at least, it's because the guy who stood up the company is Swedish.

And besides, after a day's ride in the woods, the 419 guys are gonna love it up at Wolverine when I break out my vintage orange Ward's generator to recharge that thing back up right next to the campfire. Nuke the gay whales!

Senna likes this.
  2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Oh, don't get me wrong, I have no hate for electric dirt bikes. I test rode an Alta MX and had financing lined up on an MXR but they folded before I pulled the trigger. The potential is huge, the Alta was so close to being 'right' that it was VERY compelling. I'd love to have seen what they could have had on the market now with continued development.

3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Wass said during a Racer X telephone interview that they'd received deposits for 5,000 bikes so far. Even if half those deposits flake out when it's time to write the big cheque, that's still a respectable number of units sold for one model bike.

He also indicated that 80% of buyers opt for the full-power bike, red is #1 color choice, followed close by gray and then very few white bikes go. About half of potential buyers choose the hand brake option. 600 dealers have submitted applications to become part of the sales network.

4. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

On the flip side, it might be pretty nice to be able to dump a bike in a water crossing and just keep riding.

Knotcher likes this.
  5. 418

418 Expert #59

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

"B-b-b-b-but they've got no soul and they're toaster ovens."

7. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

Okay, very impresssive. When do they introduce the 80bhp 242lb roadracer?

8. 418

418 Expert #59

Calm you tits. At this point this is all talk and no action. We've seen this before from many manufactures. Also it is interesting that he is counting deposits as "sales" metric, as if they're confident in turning 100% of the deposits into actual sold units. We will see.

If there was this much interest, I would have thought Alta wouldn't have had to for to HD for financial backing.

I think no chance with current battery technology. A road race bike will be WOT much more often than a dirt bike rendering the battery range close to useless.

Anybody get Elon Musk vibes from this guy? Not sure if it's a coincidence or some effort on his part to try to "stand out".

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Gonna have to come up with a new word for puttin'.

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Whirring?

R Acree likes this.
  11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

This brings up an interesting point, which is how much of the bike's stability is from the gyroscopic force of the engine spinning. I know the super bikes always talk about the advantages of the direction of rotation of the crank, but I assumed that's because it's spinning at high RPM.

418 likes this.
  12. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Newer trials e bikes have an idle feature that keeps the motor spinning at closed throttle for this reason.

418 likes this.