1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SB ticket question

Discussion in 'General' started by bradd15, Feb 2, 2022.

1. bradd15

bradd15 Well-Known Member

So I have a dilemma and need the beeb advice.

I was all hyped last weekend about seeing my Bengals win the SB (Sofi stadium is only an 1hr and 45 mins away from me). I pulled the trigger on some tickets through Ticketmaster. Seats are up high but second row to the front and next to the aisle and of course overpriced but will maybe never do this again in my life.
    Anyway, get a call from my father in law yesterday who has connections at Sofi and can get me seats (not as good as I bought-but not bad) for a fraction of what I paid. These are verified tickets from a SoFi rep he knows.

Question: do I pull the trigger on the cheaper seats and sell mine through Ticketmaster for less than I paid? Or just keep what I have?
    I could do both since the cheaper tickers are affordable and wait and see if my more expensive (thousands more) ever sell on Ticketmaster to recover some costs.

Opinions?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Get the second set, wait a bit, sell one set for more than you paid for both together.

3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Is it wrong I saw “ SB ticket” and immediately thought a new streaming option for watch WSBK? :D

Gixxerguy855 and Phl218 like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought Superbike too, wasn't sure which series :D

RRP likes this.
  5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Racing> foosball

RRP likes this.
  6. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

sell me the second set!

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

I had this issue when I went to a Mayweather fight.

I bought tickets on my own, but my uncle's boxer was the co-main event and he hooked me up with better seats.

I ended up selling my set for a small loss, and used his seats.

8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Mongo wants these tickets. ;-)

9. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

It being a "home" game for LA I would think as time passes and the game sells out you should be able to sell and make some money in you 1st tickets.. My .02

BigBird likes this.
  10. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

stay with the better seating positions. it is after all, a "lifetime event" for you. Ski

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

But get the other tixs to scalp and make some hooker and blow money. That cant be cheap out there with gas approaching $5/gal.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Accept the tickets from your father in-law. Sell me those tickets at a profit to yourself. This allows you to recoup some costs from your more expensive tickets, and it allows me to attend the Superbowl. I'd take my father who is a Ram's fan, so there'd be a conflict of interest there on your end, haha. I am also 1 hour and 45 minutes from SoFi; maybe we're neighbors? I am in Murrieta.

In lieu of that, you've already gotten some good advice. I don't think you'd have any issue at all selling the tickets you bought. If you want to save the money, then go with the cheaper tickets from your father in-law. If money isn't a huge deal right now, then absolutely stick with the better tickets. As has been mentioned: once in a lifetime! Bengals might make the SB again, but it ain't gonna be in your own backyard.

BigBird likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

He's told me to broker the deal. We've come up with a fair price. You know how to reach me.

[​IMG]

Greenhound386 and TurboBlew like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. Would rather sit at the bar with uber there and back to the house. No interest in flying to LA unless it's to go racing.

StaccatoFan and BigBird like this.