1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

So if my AR doesn't have one of these triggers does that mean that it identifies as "non-binary"?

Sabre699 likes this.
  2. Lawd hammercy :crackup:

3. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Yes, move the selector off binary while holding the trigger back and it cancels the second shot.

4. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

A lot easier than I expected. They claim "drop in" and that's pretty close.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  5. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Shot in another club match tonight. This place was alittle more layed back and even allowed the boy to shoot. He was on cloud 9. We will definitely be returning.

Now to figure out what gun I wanna try next for competition..

RonR likes this.
  6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

So, looking at some pistols. I am gonna try my tp9 next time we go. But, do I try a glock or sig? Maybe both? :crackup:

Is glock hype real? Never owned one or shot one. Always thought they felt like a brick in my hand.

Sig p320 legion looks like a nice setup gun. But for that money I could buy a Trevor or a p90. :crackup:

I hate these decisions.

9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Do not expect to be blown away by a Glock. Glocks have 2 selling points; they don't break and will chew through anything you feed them and they have the largest aftermarket out there. But generally speaking, no one that I know of ever grabs one off the shelf and comes back saying "this thing shoots amazing!" That said, they are great guns. Just have to realize what the intent of it is when you pick it up.

Gorilla George and DmanSlam like this.
  10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I have the 320, not the Legion. I do like the 320, and generally the Sig ergonomics work better for me than Glock. I've had the 19/17 (9mm) and 23/22 (.40).
    I have not ever had the urge to spend the money on a Sig Legion. I'm sure there are upgrades within the package that make incremental improvements to a shooter's game.
    For me, that money would be better spent on range time and ammo and the gains with trigger time, compared to buying the upgraded package.

Others with direct Legion experience may have a different opinion.

11. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Also you will have to adjust your point of aim with the Glock because of the grip angle being so different from just about everything else you mentioned. That is why switching between platforms can become difficult.

Gorilla George and DmanSlam like this.
  12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The 34 and 35 are pretty accurate. I bought one when my STI had to go back and get tweaked. Worked fine in competition. Nothing fancy about it. The trigger is what it is and aftermarket triggers don't really make that big of a difference pull weight wise.

13. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Dad gave me a Dan Wesson 357 . One of the ones you can change barrels on. Pretty cool revolver

renegade17 likes this.
  14. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Did you get the whole kit? Brief case, barrels, and belt buckle? Those are really nice setups.

15. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

My son got a Glock 17 and it is inherently accurate. Nephew just got one and again I hit the bull first pull with little effort. I use a 35 with a 9 barrel at most competitions. As said the trigger isn’t 1911 good but it’s a tank that’ll always work. As for grip angle there’s maybe a second of OH when you go from other guns to Glock but line up the sights and hit shit has always worked for me. At the end of the day you’ll have your favorites but how boring if you don’t try them all.

DmanSlam and Mick6R like this.
  16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I held but didnt shoot the Legion. The Tungsten, or other metal made it noticeably heavier than anything in my tiny arsenal. I instead opted for an H&K VP9-B. I love it!

17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Is your VP9-B the new one with the factory optic cut and 17 round mags?

18. speedluvn

I purchased through GB. It originally had 3 mags and a non optic ready slide. I purchased an optic ready slide after obtaining the firearm because I saw no available optic ready slide versions of the VP9-B model on GB. I was considering the (the model number escapes me at the moment) the 5 inch, optic ready slide conversion but have recently decided against it for the moment. The slides are just as much as an entire firearm.

19. elevenn7

elevenn7 Well-Known Member

I have a Legion pistol (the P226) and it's a sweet gun. But, if I could go back six years when I got in the the whole "gun" thing - I would of bought a Glock 17 and put 20,000 rounds through it. Once you're into the Glock system (meaning, you are used to the feel of a Glock) they pretty much all feel the same (grip angle, trigger...etc.) Glocks run forever and are usually a lot less expensive compared to Sigs. My own feeling is that Glocks are "tools" and Sigs (especially a Sig Legion) lean more toward being safe queens. Now that I fessed up to being a Sig homo, I'm looking at a P320 XFull - or - a P320 AXG Pro. Which ever one I decide on, I plan on wearing it out.

20. speedluvn

NTTAWWT!

On another note,
    I wont buy certain firearms because I'm unsure of uncertain (to me) brands. All of the guns in my tiny arsenal are "shoot it like you stole it". No safe queens in my possession.

Gorilla George likes this.