CBR600RR or GSXR600

Discussion in 'General' started by Tim McKinley, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Tim McKinley

Tim McKinley Salty Member

I've only got 5 dinar left and I'm keeping it!

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Okay, then I'll settle for one Goat.

3. atl_hooligan

atl_hooligan Well-Known Member

Definitely go with the Honda.

It will suck if you ride it on the street, but it rules on the track.

DaveK...Sucko who's gonna notice a few extra pounds on the Honda? :D

I threw on plastics, steering damper, and race tires and was ready to roll. I didn't even adjust the suspension on it the first couple of races. The bike handles absolutely fantastic!

Just my 2 cents.

:D :D :D

4. Tim McKinley

Define suck. I rode my GSXR 1000 almost every day and left the suspension (traxxion forks and penske shock) as it was for races (mostly just being lazy!). It could be a rough ride but hell if I wanted smooth I'd buy a Goldwing! Basically I took the stock plastic off, removed the undertail and headlight, put on race plastic, and then went in reverse on Monday to get it back to street legal. So mostly mechanically it was the same on Monday that it was on Any Given Sunday.

5. Tim McKinley

So I just got a quote back from a dealership in Chicago, does this sound good to you guys?

$8,608.28 tax, tag and title for a CBR600RR. Plus 30% over dealership cost on all parts and accessories for life. Whadya think? In my experience dealerships go way high for part and acc. so I'm not sure if those prices would still beat aftermarket mail order. Although there is definitely something to be said for building a good relationship with a good dealer.

6. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

You have a PM!!!!!!ASAP:beer:

7. Sunny

Sunny Banned

Doesn't sound good at all. You should shop around. Plan a trip to pick up a bike from other nearby state if you need to!

8. nov599

nov599 Well-Known Member

Tim buy the cycle where you will have it serviced. The price is in line. Its 8570. 00 O.T.D. here at the dealership I work at in Michigan.The acc. pricing is fair not great but hey the dealer has to keep the lights on.:)

good luck on the RR!(its what I'm saving for)

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sometimes the cheapest price isn't always the best.

I'd rather pay a couple of extra bucks to a dealer I like and trust. Ultimately if you show loyality you will be paid back.

My $.02.

10. nov599

nov599 Well-Known Member

Then go back to THEM with questions or support if need be.Sunny I sometimes wonder about customers like you . :Poke: I suppose if you value nothing more than bottom dollar get in the car! BUT dont bitch at you local service manager when its been 2 weeks since you dropped off your cheap deal motorcycle for service and it hasnt been touched yet.:D

11. Sunny

Sunny Banned

I don't let people I don't know of service my bike! Have you read a recent thread about a R1 guy? God knows what those idoits in the dealership will be doing to my bike................ Don't tell me the dealership you worked for is so great that there isn't a bad apple in it............... And are you telling me your dealership never have a bike sitting there untouched when its been 2 weeks since the bike 's been dropped off? LOL....... Try any Ducati dealership/s and ask any customers to see if they will agree with you (same happened to Japanese bikes as well just not as often). You can trust the dealership with your bike/s, but I simply won't (due to bad past experiences of course) unless I know the person working on it personally like Keith Thompson of Superbike Specialties in Westland!

12. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I purchased my honda for 8400 OTD with an extended warranty. The funny thing is I get my services done and all of my part purchases from a Yamaha dealership. It seems too hard to find a trustworth dealership.

13. Doublrs

Doublrs Blingracer #2

id look at the R6 and the gix ;)

14. atl_hooligan

atl_hooligan Well-Known Member

Sucks as in after a 300 mile ride through North Georgia I needed a chiropracter! :D :D :D

It's a race bike, not a street bike. So comfort shouldn't be an issue. It's exactly why I made it track only.

That price seems high. I paid $7300 plus GA tax of $400 for mine. Got it from Lakehill Motors. www.lakehillmotors.com in Mississippi.

Don't waste your money on an extended warranty.

~Sean

15. Tim McKinley

Thanks for all the input guys, much appreciated. Darrin, if you're still cruisin the BBS you've got mail.

16. nov599

nov599 Well-Known Member

Sunny, The dealership I work for is not perfect. But Never would a customers property be abused like R1 tire was.

We have had cycles sit in service untouched for several weeks. Usually these bikes were bought out of state for just pennies! :rolleyes:

We sell Ducati Motorcycles at this dealership and I will admit that service has taken parts off new units to get a bike on the road with little down time.This is done only for cycles that were purchased here.

;)

17. Sunny

Sunny Banned

That's great! :beer: I have heard that dealership wouldn't take anything off the new bikes to get their customers going because they too weren't sure how long it'll take for them to get the replacement parts in case someone purchased the new bikes and want them to be on the road ASAP. Of course, this is not really a dealership issue, but Ducati USA parts supply one......... However, most customers will still look to their dealerships and blame them for it. It's customer service after all.............

18. Tim McKinley

on dealerships

I have only purchased one of my last 8 bikes from the same dealer who serviced it, and their service department sucked!!!!!! I do everything but the 600 mile maintenance myself, other than spooning on new rubber, and even then I only take the wheels in. One Honda dealer in Jacksonville actually asked if my bike was a 600 or 900 when I brought my new 94 F4 into his shop for the break-in service. It's on the freakin bike and he was looking at it when he asked! I bought my first three bikes from a Honda delaer in NM who at the time was one of the largest and best in the country. He told me point blank he made money from service and accessories/parts, not new bike sales.

Besides, last I checked the Navy wasn't making anyone rich, so the difference of just 400-500 dollars is worth it to me. And if I need parts I'll just call Darrin!!! Short of a really bad mystery problem, if I can't fix it myself (with a little friendly BBS advice when needed!:D ) then it better be under warranty anyway!!!

19. Tim McKinley

Oh yeah, as for bikes sitting in dealerships, MY TL1000S sat in a dealership that I bought it from's service department for over a week before they touched it after they told me they could work on it the day I brought it in. During that week, the 1 year anniversary of purchase (and of course the warranty with it) came and passed. The jackass service manager tried to tell me even though the problem was under warranty, mine had expired and he would have to charge me. Guess who won that argument?

I think a good dealership will be good to you wether you bought a bike from them or not once you let them know what kind of customer you will be.

20. gqnugget

gqnugget Well-Known Member

CBR600rr

If you let me know soon enough I can have you a new blue cbr600rr. Let me know where you live and I'll see what I can do, and it will be less than Chicago.