1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP PistolPete

Discussion in 'General' started by DucatiBomber, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Damn this sucks. RIP Pete !!

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Gutted to hear of this. Pete seemed like such a good dude.
    Montar el viento, Pete.

3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

RIP Racer. :(

4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

My sincere condolences to his friends and family.

5. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Godspeed, Pete. :flag:

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

RIP Racer

7. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

rest easy racer

8. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Holy shit! So sorry to hear. RIP Pete....dayum....

9. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Godspeed Pete. All of us in Team DAYAM had a blast racing with you on that Duc in the Fastrax days! I just realized it's Pete in front of me in my avatar. That's one of my all time favorite racing pics.

DucatiBomber, Ducati89 and L8RSK8R like this.
  10. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Empty Pockets. One of the most accurate race team names ever. Even though my heart is heavy, thanks for the smile you put on my face Pete.

Ducati89 likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

RIP Pete :(

12. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

I’m still having a tough time with this. Met Pete my first yeae racing with WERA at Summit Point. It actually was only my second race weekend. We were all SV racers then, and Pete strolled over to our paddock spot after Saturday’s solo race with a beer in his hand. We chatted, laughed, and pretty much became great racer friends. Vacationed together at the OBX (with other racers Jon Cowles and Aaron Barry). I was always amazed at Pete’s storied life….. buying and flying planes from dangerous countries, his hand built house on little abaco island in the Bahamas, selling his house in Maryland to buy a sailboat for a “little trip” to South America, deciding to hike the Appalachian trail…. the list goes on. Honestly, we all talked about how easy it would be to make a movie about his life and most wouldn’t believe half of it!!!

I’ll never forget him sneaking in to my curtained area at Winchester hospital after we had both crashed at Summit Point years later. No shirt, flip flops, shorts, holding an ice pack on his broken collarbone while sipping a beer….. they tried to kick him out,,,, but Pete just looked at the staff and they walked away. LOL.

GODSPEED Pete.

13. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

RIP Pete.

14. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Thinking back, every single interaction with Pete left me smiling...he was simply a really good guy. Horrible news.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

16. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

Some people have a disproportionate impact on your life. Pete was one of those people. I thought about him, told stories about him, and retold his stories to others way more than one would expect based on the actual amount of time I spent with him. Truly a unique individual. The world was a better place with him in it.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  17. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

18. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  19. Phl218

Phl218 .

Race in peace