1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lightweight Twins Novice

Discussion in 'General' started by teambastrd07, Nov 28, 2021.

1. teambastrd07

teambastrd07 Well-Known Member

How Many folks usually race in the lightweight twins novice group? Im in the southeast series if that makes a difference on turnout

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Probably 20 or so and 15 of them are on Aprilia 660s. The good news is 10 of them are 50 plus ex AMA factory superbike racers just trying to keep active and win some WERA contingency and purse money to pay the bills

Ducati89, teambastrd07 and socalrider like this.
  3. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

This year in the SE, I think there were somewhere between 2 and 8 LWT novices in a race. Road ATL and Barber rounds had the most.

stickboy274, teambastrd07 and mpusch like this.
  4. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

In novice?

5. Badger911GT3

Yes. You can look at the results on Wera.com to see how many bikes were entered in each LWT novice race.

teambastrd07 likes this.
  6. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I did just that ahead of time, but I wasn't quoting your post.

teambastrd07 likes this.
  7. Badger911GT3

Sorry.

8. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Didn't mean to sound short, my bad.

Hope the OP comes on out, WERA runs a great program.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    Badger911GT3 likes this.
  9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

[​IMG]

Gorilla George and 418 like this.
  10. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

The size of the grid can be really thin some weekends. I’m dog slow and managed to bring home some trophies as a novice. I got booted up to expert pretty quickly because of that (I’m not really getting any faster) and still manage to pick up an award if no one else shows up. Some weekends, more folks show up and I get schooled. At the end of the day, the experts and novices aren’t running separate races, and the the 400’s are thrown into the mix, so there’s usually someone to dice with.

Razr, Ducati89, jksoft and 2 others like this.
  11. teambastrd07

Ill definitely be there for sure. I got an R7 a month ago and have already done the Bargy race school and Barber last weekend with a buddy of mine. People crashing everywhere at barber. Im not trying to set any records but Id like to get into racing

Razr, TurboBlew, gixxernaut and 4 others like this.
  12. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

I think Wera still grids by points which is nice at the starts. Other orgs do it by pre-registry so you can have a person off the pace by 5-7 seconds leading everyone into turn 1 and that makes it really unnecessarily exciting.

t11ravis and TurboBlew like this.
  13. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Of course first race of the season ain't nobody got no points so it's by pre-registry. Adds a little spice to that opener.

Razr likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not for our stuff, if you were in the class the prior year it's points from the previous season.

Ducati89 likes this.
  15. teambastrd07

when will pre registery begin?

16. Ducati89

Good lord, man. Give Mongo some time off.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pre entry for each event online opens up hopefully 4-6 weeks prior to the event but depending on how busy I am it could be as little as 2 weeks out.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Thanks, but I'm used to the excitement on the part of racers and actually like to see it :D

ToofPic and Ducati89 like this.
  19. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Yeah...I been wondering where's next year's schedule?? :Poke::D

20. Ducati89

Funny story, when I ran with the org, a guy pre-registered before Christmas for the following year for ALL races in the eastern region. It was so stupid it was silly.